Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get VDrums sounding like samples/drum machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get VDrums sounding like samples/drum machine?

Hello all,

Im trying to get my VDrums to have a "dirtier" sound. I love the drum samples I hear on current Downtempo and Acid Jazz music and Id like to give my overal kit a more "processed" sound.

I have a Lexicon 100 box and cant quite get the sound with any of those presets. Im thinking more about automated LFO's that cut the highs (or lows) and maybe a phased effect too. Any thoughts or solutions out there?

Thanks, TK

Why don't you use the lofi mics in the cosm edit section.
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

JRcel: I dont think such an animal exsists in my TD-8. IS that a function of the TD 10?

Comment

Yes, if I remeber correctly.
        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

I use the Boss guitar pedal 'digital delay and pitchshifter' - ok you have to keep changing it for different effects, but it sounds nice.

I also use a RAT distortion pedal that sounds excellent and turns the toms into a sort of drawn out laser zap, ok thats not the greatest description, but its the best i could think of)

I don't know if these things are what you're after, because the sounds aren't so much processed as 'f*cked up' (excuse the term). I suggest finding a guitarist mate who will lend you some of his kit and at least then you can find out if you can replicate what you're after.

I will be trying to persuade my guitarist friend to bring his Eventide Orville around to my house and see what it does to drums. Its apparently one of the dogs bollox effects units, and the price matches it too!! and if i can't get a good sound out of that then i must have plugged my drums up my arse by mistake....
          Gear: TD8KV. Tama Superstar http://photobucket.com/albums/d62/Danny_Sticks/
          Bands: www.myspace.com/njoyband
          www.myspace.com/station14

Comment

Working...
          X