Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD7 Beater head change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD7 Beater head change

I'm buying a Vclub set that comes with a ruber beater head, but since I wnat a double bass set I'm getting another KD7, I understand the extra KD7 will come with a felt head beater. Does anybody know if you can change beater heads on the KD/ angled bar?. My idea is to have both with the same type of beater head, ruber or felt.

Thanks,

Presto

Comment

I wanted to do the same thing with a Rhythm Tech balanced beater I picked up for cheap.

What I found is that I could re-position the cam on my bass drum pedal to use a normal shaped beater with the KD-7. I disassembled my Mapex 750 pedal and moved the cam so that the beater is in the same position as a reversed beater.

Works wonderful, and I like the action of the feel of the soft white side better than the felt of my old roland reversed mallet.

Of course, now I can't use the pedal on a regular style bass drumm without first changing the cam back, but that's easily done now that I've done it the first time.

If your pedal has a movable cam (and most do these days), all you'll probably need is the correct sized allen wrenches.

-bruce
      eDrums: TD-12, PDX-8 , PD-8s, CY12R/C, CY-8s, CY5, KD-8, MDS-10PL rack, SPD6
      aDrums: Pearl Masters Studio (Birch) 7pc, Zildjian & Sabian Paragon Cymbals, Pearl Hardware & rack

Comment

Bruce

By any chance would you have a picture to see how it looks?

Presto

Comment

Presto,
          Sorry, not at this time. As I don't have a digital camera at the moment.

Was going to get one for xmas, but Santa instead is shopping for amplifiers for the v-drums.

Will see if I can get one taken Monday for you, though.

-bruce
          eDrums: TD-12, PDX-8 , PD-8s, CY12R/C, CY-8s, CY5, KD-8, MDS-10PL rack, SPD6
          aDrums: Pearl Masters Studio (Birch) 7pc, Zildjian & Sabian Paragon Cymbals, Pearl Hardware & rack

Comment

Bruce,

Sorry for a late reply. It would be good if you can get picture. I think I will get the Tama hp200 is kind of the Iron Cobra cheaper version. But considering your post maybe I should consider somethin glike the one you have. I do not think all pedals have a cam that couild work with a KD7.

Presto

Comment

Kd-7

Don't play the KD-7 on concrete -- like in the garage. You'll have "issues" trust me.

Screw it to something that kives, just a little -- like wood. The problem is, the KD-7's IC board with the trigger button on it bends with direct pressure, and eventually gets small cracks. (This is the conclusion that I have come to after going through two of them in one year.)

The second one started doing the same thing, so I brought it back to Guitar Center, even though it was 2 mos out of warranty, and they gave me a Pintech as a back up, but could do no more. Pretty cool of them. They have been nothing but helpful. After mounting the KD-7 and pedal on a pieve of wood, I have not had one mis trigger. I think the board bends on concrete when stuck repetedly. The mistrigger is so random, that it's hard to put your finger on at first.
              TD-6, TD-8, CC101,102, Zenbals, Yamaha DD50, '72 Gremlin, mirror crystal.

Comment

Working...
              X