Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

td-6 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-6 question

I am thinking of buying a v-club and most of my questions have been answered by searching, but, i've got one i can't find.

does the td-6 have a pure bell sound for the original pd-6 that comes with the kit?

thanks, mangus.

oh also, about how heavy is the v-club including cables and everything? Just so i can get an estimate for shipping...

Comment

Re: td-6 question

Originally posted by mangus
      ...does the td-6 have a pure bell sound for the original pd-6 that comes with the kit? thanks, mangus.
      I don't think I understand the question. What do you mean by a "pre bell sound"? You can certainly program any of the PD6 pads ("original pd-6"?) as a ride cymbal bell, bow, edge or combination of a couple of those using the X-stick samples. There are other bell-type sounds in the percussion sets you can also select from. I don't know how much it weighs for shipping, but it's a heck of a lot lighter than my Artstar IIs!

Comment

lol, sorry, i dont make much sense. Say you assigned a ride bell to the pd-6 which you use as you're hi-hat. Would the fd-6 still work with that sound? or...are there any hi-hat bell sounds which work with the fd-6?

can anyone give me even a roughish estimate of how heavy it is?

thanks, mangus

Comment

lol, sorry, i dont make much sense. Say you assigned a ride bell to the pd-6 which you use as you're hi-hat. Would the fd-6 still work with that sound? or...are there any hi-hat bell sounds which work with the fd-6?
          There are no HH bell sounds in the instrument list. You can edit a ride bell sound and cut the decay down as far as it'll go, but it's still a bit "ringy" and might not be quite what you're after. A full ist of kits and instruments can be downloaded at:
          http://www.roland.co.uk/gr10/support/updates/TD-6.pdf

Any single sound can be triggered from any of the pads. Some of the samples are set up so that you need a dual trigger pad to take full advantage (some of the snares, for example), but they all work on all the TD-6K pads to some extent. There are no trick ones in there - you know, like, "We put this in as a tease but you can't use it yet - you'll have to upgrade."

can anyone give me even a roughish estimate of how heavy it is?
          Don't say no one round here ever does anything for you There's no shipping weight info on either of the boxes, which is odd (it comes in two boxes - one with the pads, brain and cables, the other with the stand (ready assembled and with all the clamps in place - a complete nightmare if you're left handed and have to dismantle the whole thing and start again )). But using the old stand-by of getting on the bathroom scales (not in the bathroom, you understand, but in the study), picking the kit up and subtracting my own weight, I can tell you that the whole thing (minus manuals, power supply and packaging) was about 20 kilos. Or 44 pounds, depending on your preference.

Using the same method on the two boxes (still in the garage) gives another 8 kg, giving an all-up weight of, let's say, to allow for the inherent inaccuracy of the method, less than 30 kg (66 pounds).

Bear in mind that this isn't the most accurate way to do it, and that the light's not very good, and that... well you said you just wanted a roughish estimate.

Comment

Oh, and having re-read your post, I see that you want to know about the FD-6. D'oh. Sorry.

It controls open/closed for the hi-hat, but if you stomp on it, it'll trigger whatever sample you've assigned to the hi-hat pad (pad 3). So if you want the pedal to make a given sound, you have to assign that sound to the HH pad (it comes up as H03 on the display). Any pad can be plugged into input 3 (which is a stereo input - I've got a PD-7 in there myself) and will trigger any sound you choose to assign to it.

This, incidentally, means you can use the FD-6 as a second kick trigger if you're prepared to go without a hi-hat sound (or can cope with putting one of the "closed hi-hat" sounds on another pad).

Actually, there are ways of re-plugging the HH pad itself (using a splitter and plugging it into the AUX input, for example, or putting it into Crash 2 and re-jigging the input settings to take a PD-6 instead of the default CY-6) so you can have your cake and eat it, but I'm sure that's altogether too much information for now.

Comment

thanks mate

Comment

thanks mate

Comment

Comment

Here 's how Mangus...

1 x TD-6, 1 x PD-7 and 1 MDH-10 clamp from http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoi...db25a80e15147bhttp://www.piedog.com/

Comment

nice one, but the td-6k doesnt include the mds-6 stand on that site..right?

Comment

nice one, but the td-6k doesnt include the mds-6 stand on that site..right?
                        http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/tho...fdb25a80e15147bhttp://www.piedog.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X