Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't download "Download patches Here"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't download "Download patches Here"

When I try to download the patches as found under "Download Patches Here" http://vdrums.com/patches/ it does not function. I am computer literate (one hopes). What's up I wonder?
    Let me know if you're near Vancouver, BC, Canada!

I couldn't get anything but a bad link when I clicked on the patches in the box. Scroll down to the bottom and click where it says: "To check our FTP site for new files click here."

The patches on this screen work (for me). Note that the VkitTrans version being offered is for the expanded TD-10. The patches you want to download need to be those converted for the expanded version for compatibility. See the patch: tdw-1Converted.zip which contains most, if not all, converted kits.

Non-expanded and expanded TD-10 require different software. The kit file extensions are the same so don't get them confused.

Shortcuts.....

Patches:
    ftp://ftp.vdrums.com/pub/patches/tdw-1Converted.zip

Software:
    ftp://161.58.219.136/pub/VKitExBeta1.zip

Maybe the webmaster can put the old version of VkitTrans back so the non expanded folks can use the old patches that are posted.

If you need the old version, I'm sure I have it somewhere.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Hi Boingo,

Much appreciative of your prompt reply,

I did access "FTP site for new files click here." a while ago and it worked well. My main intent is to get a kit or two optimized for live use so that, for example, dynamics are moderated, output levels are maximized, and tones are chosen for versatility and realism. My duo partner does not have the expanded version. Is it worth the cost? It would be great if you had the old version of VkitTrans somewhere and perhaps attach it to my email or equivalent.

As it is, I find the TD-10 factory kits (#3 for example) to have not enough kick drum, too much cymbals, way excessive dynamics, a somewhat overbearing midrange and treble frequency spectra, and lacking in "punch" compared to the sounds I have massaged from my Roland XP50 keyboard. Admittedly the TD-10 is way more expressive than the sounds from my Roland XP50 keyboard but it's my consideration that in a live context at moderate volume levels through a high quality PA that such subtleties and wider dynamics tend to detract from a consistent, even, punchy, controllable mix.

I don't want to add another compressor (unless I have no choice) as I have an FMR RMC http://www.fmraudio.com/ on the mains and I understand the TD10 has a boatload of compression and velocity curves etc.

My philosophy on live sound is to use the highest quality gear I can and to keep the signal chains as free from excess processing as possible and to fix things at the source not in the mix. Any thoughts on the above much appreciated in advance!

Comment

Not being a V drummer (or any kind of "real" drummer for that matter) and having just started a duo with one, see post "Live With Click Track & Sequencers " I have had the TD-10 & kit at my home for one week.

Your views have merit and I was not aware that the general consensus was that the TD-10 sounds are a bit iffy. I understand about level setting and unbalanced outputs etc. and I am disinclined to put a bunch of effort into editing just to obtain OK results.

I've already noticed for example that the noise floor is rather high and the output level is rather low compared to my other gear.

What is a viable module or two that meets higher expectations which is in common use here? (I have a Roland M-BD1)
        http://www.harmony-central.com/Synth...M-BD1-rev.html

Comment

Your initial post said, "My main intent is to get a kit or two optimized for live use..." While everything Chris said is true, take it as a critical review by people who want state of the art performance. For some, that puts V and D drums out of the running. But, many of us who play live consistantly get compliments on our sound. Live sound tends to have different requirements than recording. This is not to say everyone should compromise for live playing, but with some tweaking and possibly some outboard equipment, many of us get to a point where our performance is received as well as or better than acoustics.

So, don't lose interest in your task because of the critique. It's not like you were considering a purchase. They are already there. I'd recommend you tweak away. You should see improvement. Then decide.

Ref the VkitTrans, I can send the old version but it won't be until late tonight or tomorrow. Perhaps someone else can get it to you sooner.

Yes, the expansion card is definitely worth it. Lots of nice features and sounds. The general consensus on this board is to buy it.
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks much for the more pragmatic real-world side of things, and yes I am truly a live kind of guy. Could you give me a rundown on your live setup and/or where I might view it. For example, do you use outboard dynamic processing? Also I see you have some kits you've tweaked for live use including (I think?) Boingo kit & FatT, would my drummer need the TDW-1 to take advantage of them?

I guess I am going to be acting as a tech emissary as the V Drums are at my place and I have the background. The problem is I can't play drums so I was going to have him play while I record the MID out, and then use that as an input while I create a live patch in context with the sequences. I hopefully will use one of your live patches (for example) as a string point. Good to go, comments?

Comment

I await the old version late tonight or tomorrow as no one else has responded.

Thankfulness

Comment

Boingo et al.

Excuse my ignorance please, as I know nothing about VKitTrans, let alone VDrums. I am using a TD-10 without the TDW-1. Are the patches as found:
                http://vdrums.com/patches/
                ftp://ftp.vdrums.com/pub/patches/
                for the TD-10 with or without the TDW-1, and how can I tell which is which as the file names are nonspecific?

Thanks in advance for the valuable insight!

Comment

There are 2 versions. The kits for the expanded version are in a separate zip file. You can use the files which aren't zipped. The software I'm going to send you is for the non expanded version. E-mail me through the profile thingie.

Comment

Hi Boingo,

Any thoughts to add to my thread "Live With Click Track & Sequencers" in "General" would be cherished, as I am still in the figuring-configuring stage! Will be trying more patches tonight.

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...threadid=11112

Comment

If you look at my posts, you will notice I don't participate in midi discussions. I simply have not had the time nor a reason to fool with it. I have to balance work, drums and other outside interests with what I spend with the family. I sometimes feel guilty when I'm in the basement alone in my own little drum world and realize that the 45 minutes I had allocated turned into an hour and 45 min. So, until I have a burning need to learn it, I will be a spectator and not a participant to midi disucssions.

Comment

Working...
                      X