Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedal Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Placement

So I'm looking at getting a KD-80 or KD-120 for xmas, and I'd want to get a double pedal setup with it too (the advantage of having your birthday the day after Christmas is that you can pull off double gifts like these). So here's my problem. I'm currently using a pair of KD-7s and some mismatched pedals. My setup looks kind of like this:

/hbb\

(h = high-hat pedal, b = bass drum pedal, / and \ are the struts of my rack)

It's pretty tight under there, and I'm worried that if I go to a KD-80 there won't be enough room for me to fit all my pedals under there. Do they make double pedals that can go right next to each other? Or am I going to have to move my hh to the other side of my rack:

h/b b\

Did that make any sense?
    -Pete

Others may scoff at the idea, but what I've done is to rotate the left rack leg out slightly to accomodate me. This illustration is an exageration (I'm at work, the rack is at home) but it should give you an idea.

Most double-bass players like to have the pedals comfortably apart so as not to pinch the snare in their crotch.
    My website...
    VCustom kit,
    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
    HDI Cymbals.
    A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

He's the man with the plan,
      Has room for his feet under his stand,
      He's the man. (Shack!)

He can carry a beat,
      Never worry 'bout the heat,
      He's the man. (Shack!)