Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Yamaha's DTXTREME that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Yamaha's DTXTREME that bad?

Is the DTXTREME module that bad?
    I haven't read any good reviews/comments about YAMAHA'S DTXTREME SET. Most of the *****ing is about the practice-pad-like feeling of the pads. I could give a **** about the pads, I just wanna trigger my acoustic drums, so all I need is the module, and triggers. Musicians Friend is selling the ****en thing for $800 bucks, man that's not bad at all.

Is the DTXTREME good for acoustic triggering?

I know that you can load your own samples, can anyone tell me more about this?

Are DDRUM triggers, and PERFECT TRIGGERS compatible with the DTXTREME Module?

Is there good ol' machine-gun going on(I hope not)?

later
    "Without drums behind it, that little guitar riff ain't going anywhere" - Dave Lombardo

If you run a search here there are plenty of reviews on the module itself. It does seem to be held in poor regard, although I think there are a few who like it.

One thing is for sure, you ain't finding it at any of the Guitar Centers I've been to in Los Angeles.

The new DTXpress, however, is a sweet little thing I've played with. If only they would make 3 zone cymbals to match the 3 zone inputs it would really give the V-Club/TD-6 some serious competition. Who knows, maybe the PCY-150 3zone cymbal refered to in the DTXpress manual means there will be a DTXtreme with 3zone inputs sometime in the future (after they figure out what to do with all the unsold old ones). Or maybe there won't.
    That Dan Guy

Comment

Hey dan guy. Is that any way to respond. What's wrong with you? I fixed your post.

If you run a fukn search here there are plenty of fukn reviews on the fukn module itself. It does seem to be held in piss poor fukn regard, although I think there are a few fukr's who like it.

One thing is for sure, you ain't fukn finding it at any of the fukn Guitar Centers I've fukn been to in fukn Los Angeles.

The new DTXpress, however, is a fukn sweet little thing I've fukn played with. If only they would fukn make 3 zone cymbals to fukn match the 3 zone inputs it would fukn really give the V-Club/TD-6 some serious fukn competition. Who fukn knows, maybe the fukn PCY-150 3zone cymbal fukn refered to in the fukn DTXpress manual means there will be a fukn DTXtreme with fukn 3zone inputs sometime in the fukn future (after they figure out what to fukn do with all the fukn unsold old ones). Or maybe they fukn won't.

Don't fukn mention the help.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

I'm as staunch a Yamaha guy as you can find and yes Virginia, it's that bad. The Drum sounds are decent and the special snares sound great, hats are great, cymbals are poor. The outputs distort, I'm not kidding, POS. Wait till winter NAMM and see if they come out with something better, they're supposed to. As far as the pads, don't know, didn't try them.
          Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by zendrums
            LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a bit rusty with my phrasing, but it came back to me a little easier than I thought it would. Point made.

I second Tom's comments in the duplicate post.

You're welcome around these parts Savin, we're glad to help out when we can, we can't censure you, but we can ask to tone down just a tad.

thanks.....
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I heard the same from everyone Feefer, I just wanted to see for myself, I just couldn't believe that Yamaha could screw up that badly.
              Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
              X