Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful (HUGE!) Simmons kit on eBay for too much money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful (HUGE!) Simmons kit on eBay for too much money!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=921892819

WOW!! I want that badly. Look at this!!!:

ELECTRONIC DRUM KIT / STUDIO: This drum kit features Simmon's flagship electronic percussion controller, the SDX. Along with the SDX console and its travel case, are 11 pads + bass, mounted on a Tama rack. It includes a custom maple 14" snare with HD Tama snare stand. Cymbals are all Paiste Signature: 20" full ride, 20" thin china, 18" mellow crash, 16" fast crash, 16" full crash, and 14" HH w/ Tama HD HH stand. All upright cym stands are HD Pearl boom stands. EMU Procussion and Alesis QS6 keyboard synth are included for sound + samples. A MOTU MTP AV MIDI Timepiece and Mackie 1202 mixer is also included. Two AKG 1000S microphones, stands included. An Ashly FTX 2000 stereo amplifier powers 1 pair of Celestion CR-153 3-way speakers all included. Every component is in fine working order and this hybrid kit records + sounds wonderful. This is quite similar to the kit Bill Bruford used while recording his 1st three Earthworks albums.
    substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
    My Drums
    Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

The worlds first position sensing edrums. The FSR pads respond to pressure as well to send CC# in real time, still very advanced and ahead of it's time. If you've ever seen Bruford on these you know what I'm talking about. You could upgrade them to full 16 bit sampling, sequencing, and stick a 40 meg hard drive in it.
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Nice...
      Why did Simmons die out?? Would be cool to have that module available today...

Isn't that similar to what Phil Collins used?

Erik

Comment

That seems like a great deal for the $$... there is a ton of stuff in that auction.....

Erik

Comment

One breakdown though and you're screwed.
          Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

WHAT!

Just under two hours left, and it's up to $6600!!!
            substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
            My Drums
            Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Comment

Comment

The attraction here is positional sensing and sending CC info in real time which the Vdrums still can't do. I think the guy from Tool still uses it.

Comment

Comment

positional sensing i thought V drums have that with the update?

Comment

Originally posted by drumnstuff
                      positional sensing i thought V drums have that with the update?
                      Last edited by szvook; 11-28-02, 03:31 PM.
                      Studio

Comment

My buddy had kit # 14 sdx, so i was checking them out 4 months before they were avable in the us. He bought it with full memeroy so it cost him $ 16,500 in 1987.I could not get it to track in my jazz playing style (it could be the way he had it set up) or play brushes. the sdx played me, I play the rolands.

Comment

Working...
                        X