Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new E drum guy having fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new E drum guy having fun

Well, i've had my new V-session set for about 3 weeks now and i have to say that i am in love. I am also amazed at how knowledgeable everybody is here. It blows my mind how much some of you know and it impresses me how freely you pass along tips and suggestions to others (good form). So much information here...it has helped me immensely. I have been an accoustic drummer since birth and like many others found the initial transition a little difficult. (ok...perhaps painful haha) After a stressful first week, however, I settled down and actually started to enjoy myself. after all, for me, this is a new language and one i have to learn if i want to improve and take advantage of all it has to offer. My E kit has shown me and my band mates a new side of drumming. No more excessive volume increases to match my volume. (what did you say? haha). practicing in near total silence (my wife likes this for some reason). A huge array of sounds, effects, etc, etc. Our little 3 piece cover tune band will never find itself in a studio recording but damn ... we are having fun. And isnt that the point? Thanks again guys/gals,
    Colin

Well, seeing as no-one else has done it...

Welcome aboard

Glad to hear your enjoying your E-drum experience.

PS Ignore all the crazies on the board (there are quite a few of them out there!) - they are usually the one's with Pooh bear, or a Planet, or the letter S for their avatars! (they can also come from the Netherlands)
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo
      Welcome aboard
      Ditto! Though, I have seen you here before.
      PS Ignore all the crazies on the board ...
      Hey! I resemble that remark!
      ...they are usually the one's with Pooh bear, or a Planet, or the letter S for their avatars!
      Ah, but not always.
      My website...
      VCustom kit,
      TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
      HDI Cymbals.
      A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Working...
      X