Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Stern live... IN BEIRUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Stern live... IN BEIRUT

YEP... good things happen to us from time to time. (Last one was Trilok Gurtu and the glimpse, 3 years ago).
    The best part is that Mike is coming by himself, and the drummer who's going to perform with him is my teacher! (plus another very good local bass player) .Oct 21 and 22. I am so looking forward to seeing them together!
    Tickets anyone ?
    Nabil

yes , please sit me right next to hesbala (sp) LOL

Comment

... rrrrrright. Not very funny. But at least your spelling is much closer to the real sound of it, so that makes it ok.
      Nabil

Comment

And we wonder why Americans are misunderstood...

Originally posted by cpgrossman
        yes , please sit me right next to hesbala (sp) LOL
        Not picking on cpgrossman, but come on. I am an American and very worldly, but I really do understand why most Americans are viewed with general disdain around the world - comments like this are just ignorant.

Now back to your regularly scheduled drumming stuff.

- Hans
        - Hans

Comment

Thanx for the input Hans... but no harm done actually. I guess we were just joking casually. Cpgrossman has even asked me for a "beirut flying carpet" once in one of my first posts. Yep, I live in a strange land................................ apparently
          Last edited by postnuklear; 10-16-02, 03:17 PM.
          Nabil

Comment

Originally posted by postnuklear
            Yep, I live in a strange land................................ apparently
            But I love your avatar!
            My website...
            VCustom kit,
            TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
            HDI Cymbals.
            A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Re: And we wonder why Americans are misunderstood...

Originally posted by hmasing

Not picking on cpgrossman, but come on. I am an American and very worldly, but I really do understand why most Americans are viewed with general disdain around the world - comments like this are just ignorant.

Now back to your regularly scheduled drumming stuff.

- Hans
              ...oy vey, i guess you did not see the lol on my post. as also posted by PN about the flying carpet, PN seems like a cool little dude in the face all the death and mayhem his country has seen.(also look up interview with police drummer about his child hood in beirut) Think about it heres a kid who has v-drums and uses the internet and people just down the road are living on about 2$ a day.you can call me names its o.k (ive called people here names) me thinks that the silly people on this site are the pro U.S bush lovers and cats that listen to some old rock from the last century.

Comment

Re: Re: And we wonder why Americans are misunderstood...

Originally posted by cpgrossman
                ...me thinks that the silly people on this site are the pro U.S bush lovers and cats that listen to some old rock from the last century.
                Hey! I resemble that remark!
                My website...
                VCustom kit,
                TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
                HDI Cymbals.
                A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Im glad we're having this discussion Cpgrossman what interview are you talking about ? can you give me a link? Im interested. Ranman, thanks about the avatar. And don't worry, liking Bush doesn't necessarily make you silly... everyone has their reasons. A couple of weeks ago I would have never thought I'd say that. But with each new bombing, I just feel that the only way out of this is in dialogue... at least on this forum... right... off to feed my camels now
                  Last edited by postnuklear; 10-17-02, 02:05 PM.
                  Nabil

Comment

Originally posted by postnuklear
                    Im glad we're having this discussion Cpgrossman what interview are you talking about ? can you give me a link? Im interested. Ranman, thanks about the avatar. And don't worry, liking Bush doesn't necessarily make you silly... everyone has their reasons. A couple of weeks ago I would have never thought I'd say that. But with each new bombing, I just feel that the only way out of this is in dialogue... at least on this forum... right... off to feed my camels now
                    I far as i know the stu copeland interview im talking about was in a early 80's issue of musician or a mid 80' ish of mod drummer.

Comment

Right... no way I could get to that... way too old for me . Thanx anyway. To get back to the main thread, Im going to see the gig on tuesday, so I'll tell you all how it was... I'll even try to get some pics if allowed.
                      Nabil

Comment

The first time i saw MS was with miles davis at the 1983 chicago jazz fest, the 2nd was with mike breker in1988

Comment

Working...
                        X