Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahh; this is kinda dicey...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh; this is kinda dicey...

I've found a legendary DD3 module! But I'm in Canada it's in the US.
    This is a private sale; not an auction sale.
    The dilema?
    I'm sending a substantial payment to a complete stranger & HOPING he'll send the goods. What's the safest way to do this transaction?
    Is there any way I can protect myself?
    Much thanks.
    TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

careful!

I strongly recommend requiring the seller to agree to an escrow...

www.escrow.com

There is a fee based on the size of the transaction but it is reasonable. BTW, a while back I bid and won a ddrum3 on ebay from a guy in California, but he had no transaction history...I had suggested an escrow arrangement and he agreed. The "short of it" is that the unit showed up at my door inoperable/broken (he did a horrible packing job). I had him arrange for UPS to pick it up at my house...and it didn't cost me anything because the original shipping fee I agreed to pay was in escrow as well. Also, specifically instruct the seller that you will require him/her to be responsible for insurance
    E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
    A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Thanks Jimmy, that's exactly what I need! I didn't even know they existed.
      I've registered & just need to get the seller's agreement & we'll be up & running. It'll cost (me) $42 but worth the knowledge that I won't get burned.
      TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

Comment

Working...
      X