Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ot - vocoders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ot - vocoders

What exactly does a vocoder do? I've been looking around at keyboards and I found a nifty one on musiciansfriend.com -
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...=702244f#sound
    It's a korg that has a vocoder function. Anyone messed with this specific keyboard or vocoder's in general? Worth while? I play in an industrial music band (obviously) and am just looking for some new sounds. My local stores don't carry this one either otherwise i would've tried it out.
    td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

cool. Thanks Harlock.
    td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

There are 2 vocoder samples on the td-10.

Comment

Vocoder

There is a free vocoder (and a text-to-speech synthesizer) up on AnalogX (www.analogx.com). Both are pretty good, and come with adequate help to get you started. The text-to-speech synthesizer there can do some pretty weird stuff, as well as speaking exactly what you type (as expected)! I reckon it's perfect for industrial stuff.
        "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

I love vocoders! You can have fun playing like a snare riff and then putting that as a formant in a vocoder.. and as a source playing the keyboard. You'll have a cool snare overtone kind of thing... it'll sound really electronic and odd. Did it on a song of mine once.

But yeah, check out analogx's free vocoder. If any of you are looking for a hardware vocoder... I reccomend Electrix Warpfactory. They don't make them anymore, but i'm sure you can find them on ebay. Great standalone rack mounted unit.
          Gabe Kangas
          DM5, D4, PD80R, CY-15, CY-6, Visu-lite Ride, DauZ's, Random Pintech stuff, BBE 362.

www.spasticsrecords.com/real-ity

Comment

Working...
          X