Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For all you gearhead Rush fans (like me)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you gearhead Rush fans (like me)...

http://onstagemag.com/ar/performance_rush_rolls_again/

Just a handful of points:

1. I liked how they included a list of drum mics that are being used (Audio-Technica?.....hmmm...)

2. For all you Behringer haters out there, look at Alex's rig!

3. Geddy: "Cabinets? I don't need no steenking cabinets!!" The way he has his signal chain set up is going to be the wave of the future. Wait and see....

4. Yet another BIG plug for in-ear monitors. With prices going down on these systems, I think they're going to become even more popular than they already are. Note that Neil's using them now as well.

I had the privilege of seeing all this stuff in action at the Rush show in St. Louis. It was the tenth time I'd seen them live, and this was far and away the best-sounding show.......
    Last edited by Mick Wade; 09-07-02, 02:59 PM.
    TD-30 / SPD-SX /Alesis Strike Multipad

Re: For all you gearhead Rush fans (like me)...

Originally posted by Mick Wade
    1. I liked how they included a list of drum mics that are being used (Audio-Technica?.....hmmm...)

2. For all you Behringer haters out there, look at Alex's rig!

I already did not like their latest album (and realize that I am a BIG rush fan) so this bull **** is in the same direction...

Nightwish ... Nightwish .... gabba gabba hey
    Robert

Comment

Re: Re: For all you gearhead Rush fans (like me)...

Originally posted by puttenvr

I already did not like their latest album (and realize that I am a BIG rush fan) so this bull **** is in the same direction...

Nightwish ... Nightwish .... gabba gabba hey

Get to the point Putt. Just say what's on your mind and let us know how you feel.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Re: Re: For all you gearhead Rush fans (like me)...

Originally posted by puttenvr

Great article!!! The best one I've read, in fact.

And I don't like the mix of VT either (I hate it, in fact)... but I'm looking forward to hearing this new material "stripped down". With one guitarist, they won't be able to smear six layers of guitar over everything so they'll have to just play the important parts... ie the songs will sound like they should have in the first place

Tomorrow night, baby!!!! WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Darren
        Last edited by darrenmc; 09-07-02, 04:39 PM.

Comment

i thought it was a good article............even if it didn't go over well in the netherreaches
          -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

GRRAVEE, I love that graphic!
            V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Originally posted by c. jude
              O.K., diss Beringer if you like, Audio Technica? I use several of their mics regularly and think they're great. In fact, I think the AT 4050 CM5s are among the most flexible mics in the world. But WTF do I know.
              Hey, Chris:

I wasn't dissing A-T at all. I'm sure they make great mics. My remark was just an expression of surprise and interest at seeing another mic manufacturer other than the usual suspects (Shure, Sennheiser, Audix, AKG, Neumann, blah, blah) getting so much love from a band like Rush. The article has definitely piqued my interest in A-T mics, because if it's good enough for Rush.........

I wasn't dissing Behringer either. In fact, here's a recent thread I started:

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9863

See, I had a feeling that my Behringer remark would attract the attention of a certain Dutch Rush lover/Behringer hater in our esteemed group, and, well, you saw the result ..........

P.S.: Still waiting for those articles about Behringer and child labor, Putt!
              Last edited by Mick Wade; 09-09-02, 03:16 PM.
              TD-30 / SPD-SX /Alesis Strike Multipad

Comment

I'm late in getting into the "Rush" thing, but I've been buying there CD's lately.....like one per week. Border's Bookstore in Ithaca NY has scanners that allow you to listen to any CD before purchasing it. I listened to Vapor Trails and it didnt appeal to me. I prefer there keyboard 80's driven music more so then Test 4E and Vapor Trails. I love Hold Your Fire, Presto and I just bought Grace Under Pressure. I've heard allot of these songs before bc i own Retrospectives, but there are great songs not on there like Enemy Within that are outstanding. I really believe they are on another level in Rock music. Great Musicians. I just got done reading a Neil interview, I still don't think he is very personable. Who cares though....as long as he keeps pumping out the chops thats fine by me!

Comment

thanks eric.i stole the little bugger.and mbrg........get power windows and caress of steel.namely the necromancer..........yeah baby.

back tp slapping my monkey...
                  Attached Files
                  -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

I forgot to mention Power Windows....one of my favorites. Marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

http://www.prorec.com/prorec/article...256C2E005DAF1C

Comment

Wow, that mastering article is rather rough, yet oh so true. I never considered the psychological effect that mastering to such a loud level could have. No wonder I could only listen to half the CD at a time!

I really hope that Rush remaster it and rerelease the disc. Then it will certainly be one of their greatest masterpieces ever, of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
                        substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
                        My Drums
                        Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Comment

What marketing genius! Release what could be a great CD but intentionally distort it. Wait until you have milked the fans for the bulk of your sales, then re-release the clean version so they will RUSH out to repurchase.

That's even better than coming out with designer clothes with your logo plastered all over and charging people extra for the privilege of advertising your product OR making a huge number of films for the first run, advertising all of the best parts and having everyone see it all at once only to find out it's another crap movie.
                          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Great article.

I never really thought of how much a label would have a direct influence with the engineering of a record. That's very interesting.

I wonder if RUSH new about this and tried to do something about it. You could certainly expect that a band with as much history and experience would notice something like this.

Rush is still bad ass!

JP
                            VPRO, TDW-1, V-cymbals, DW 5000 double, Roland KC-500, FS-5U foot switches, Vater sticks

Comment

Thanks, Binary. Very informative article.

Comment

Working...
                              X