Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

I'm not a mod anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a mod anymore

As I'm sure most of you have seen by this point, I am not very active on the forum anymore. Because of this, I stepped down as moderator. So even though it may say it next to my name, I am not taking an active role here any more.
    It has nothing to do with any of the other mods, or anyone else here, I think that we all get along great (usually).
    I have been extremely busy between work and school, as well as an internship which I just finished with my local Congressman.
    I really haven't done much drum-wise and am thinking about selling them, unfortunately. I'm sure most of you have been where I am, twenty-something and going into the work-force, starting a life for myself leaves very little time for hobbies.
    That is why I must resign as a mod here, I can't take an active role, and its not fair to the members here, as well as the other moderators.

Thanks for making this site amazing, I'll try and stop in from time to time, maybe post my TD-10exp for sale at some point.

Thank you all once again.

-Jeff

Don't sell it Jeff... if you don't need the money that is... you'll regret it eventually.

And don't be a stranger. Your input and presence, regardless of how brief or sporadic will always be valued here.

Best wishes.

Jack
    Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

hey man, sorry to hear that. If I may give you an advice, do not give up your hobbie completely. Hobbies are important for emotional and psychological survival, they can really replace the role of religion believes and keep you going when stress and hard times seem to be winning the battle. I understand you are making the decision of starting a career that does not includes drums but they still can remain by your side as a serious hobbie. Think it over about selling them, they will serve their new purpose as a hobbie

Good luck in your starting career mate

------------------------------------------------
      Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Originally posted by Canerican View Post
        As I'm sure most of you have seen by this point, I am not very active on the forum anymore. Because of this, I stepped down as moderator. So even though it may say it next to my name, I am not taking an active role here any more.
        It has nothing to do with any of the other mods, or anyone else here, I think that we all get along great (usually).
        I have been extremely busy between work and school, as well as an internship which I just finished with my local Congressman.
        I really haven't done much drum-wise and am thinking about selling them, unfortunately. I'm sure most of you have been where I am, twenty-something and going into the work-force, starting a life for myself leaves very little time for hobbies.
        That is why I must resign as a mod here, I can't take an active role, and its not fair to the members here, as well as the other moderators.

Thanks for making this site amazing, I'll try and stop in from time to time, maybe post my TD-10exp for sale at some point.

Thank you all once again.

-Jeff
        Hey Jeff. Im sorry to hear your leaving us but like you say, some things have to take precedence.

What I will say is `Dont Sell Your Drums`. You will regret it for the rest of your life. I Know. Ive done it and it hurts. It hurt for 20 years.

Apart from that, good luck in your new life.

Never forget though your Primal Instinct.

Comment

We already miss you hanging around here. As far as the other's input my is different or at least a different take. Those red pads you got are not getting anymore valuable, sell them if you aren't playing them regularly. In 5 years or 10 when you want to play again you can take that money that you sold them for and given a moderate savings rate go and buy a used TD-30 set.

Comment

Happy trails Canerican, and thanks for your service to the forum. All our best to you and don't worry, we'll leave the light on for you...
            I’d rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Don't sell! Store it, you will definitely regret selling.
              In the meantime, good luck with whatever you do.

Comment

Sell the drums! When/if you come back to drumming you donŽt want your old drums, youŽll want the new TD-40 kit

Good luck!
                2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

I remember reading your first post Jeff (drummer )....not too long after my first. You have been an asset to this forum and I hope you check in from time to time to update us on what I am sure will be a storied political career. You are wise to dis-associate yourself from this group...you now how those Dems like to dig up the past

I guess this means we will have to go through the Mod selection process...all that smoke makes me eyes water
                  chris :D

Comment

Good Luck in your future career!

I also am of the opinion it might be wise to sell the drums now for a decent amount of money if you are sure you will not have time for them...and when you come back to drumming, newer shinier kits will be available...

best wishes!

saku
                    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Well thanks for the kind words, its really not a matter of money, its actually just a matter of convenience, I don't have room for them anymore.

I hope you check in from time to time to update us on what I am sure will be a storied political career. You are wise to dis-associate yourself from this group...you now how those Dems like to dig up the past
                      I laughed at this because one of my friends was in the running to become the chief of staff for a Congressman and it turned out that he posted on Communist sites. I learned from his lesson. And I'm not interested in ever running for a political office, I've seen what a toll it puts on them, and its not for me

I'll stop in on occasion say hi, just it won't be quite the same. It sure has been fun couple of years though.

Comment

Best of luck, Jeff - we will miss you here, that is for sure.

It sounds like you are making a great start in your life. Enjoy the ride, don't take (too much) ****e from anybody, and make the world a better place - that is your responsibility now.

Best regards,

GB
                        Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Tell the truth Jeff. You're making time to concentrate on your run for President in 2012.
                          Alan
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

A) He's not old enough.
                            B) That would be against forum rules.

Unless, of course, he was jamming with a band at his "local Congressman's" latest money raising event and the subject of his run for President came up. Then it would be allowed.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
                            TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
                              Tell the truth Jeff. You're making time to concentrate on your run for President in 2012.
                              LOL

Seriously though Jeff, good luck in your new ventures and may 2009 be a great year for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X