Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Drum related Tattoos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum related Tattoos?

I was with a bunch of friends last night and the topic came up about tattoos.

It got me to thinking, does anybody on this board have a tattoo or tattoos that are related to drumming? Or maybe music overall? Or maybe just interesting?

I'll start. No, I don't have any 'cause I still do some modeling and promos and stuff like that and tats can limit opportunities. If a tat is a benefit to the shoot or occasion, I just get a henna tat that will be gone in a few days or weeks.

So how 'bout it you guys? Surely there are some out here? What tats do you have that might fit this bill?

Oh, and maybe

I've got a triplet tattooed on the left pectoral of my chest.
    Last edited by TNT; 01-20-09, 03:03 PM. Reason: changed my mind about adding pic... sorry, 3Cup!
    VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
    ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
    ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
    Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

Hmmm... confession time.

I did once, for a 'dare' (don't ask)... draw a double-kick drummed cartoon drumkit using a permanent marker on an ex-girlfriend's er... 'person'... while she was asleep (and no, not the reason she's 'ex' by the way). Due to it's location (basically, her bottom... D'oh!! Gave that away...) she never ever knew or found out.

It's a shame I didn't take pics as it was a splendid piece of art, if I say so myself... (tee hee hee!!).

After two showers it was gone in any case...

Comment

I have two, neither is drum related:

Actually, that's when it was still being done. The bottom butterfly is now green with shading similar to the blue one above. I just don't have any good photos of the finished product.

Other arm:

Why butterflies? Read "Papillon". These were my manifestation of mid-life crisis. Look at it this way, they were far cheaper than a sports car, a trophy wife and the subsequent divorce.

And much cheaper than GAS.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Mmmm... trophy wife and sports car...

Comment

I always wanted to get a snare drum arm band.
            Quick mockup in Photoshop:

Never had the guts.....maybe I'll just wait 'till the mid-life crisis to get it.

Comment

Please...don't do the arm band... don't be "that guy"

E
              - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

I have one tat, but non-drum related. Over the years, I have toyed with getting a Peter Criss tat...specifically, either one made from the pic on his solo album or from his cartoon on the Rock and Roll Over album. Everytime I started to go do it, I always figured I would really regret having gotten a band related tat later in life, so I've never done it.

TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                  Nooooooooo!!! Don't do it...!! EVER!!

Comment

I also love poker, and was considering an "ace up my sleeve" like Edward Norton in "Rounders".

Comment

I must admit that I never saw the appeal of tattoos. No matter how well done they are, they seem to distract from the artwork below. Kinda like seeing a beautiful cartoon... drawn on a stradivarius.

Besides, one should always keep in mind the first law of aging: Everything gets bigger, hairier, and closer to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                        Quick mockup in Photoshop:

Never had the guts.....maybe I'll just wait 'till the mid-life crisis to get it.
                        I've got a big gut, maybe I'll get a bass drum done round it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Rich View Post
                          I've got a big gut, maybe I'll get a bass drum done round it.
                          On that note the Mrs could have a Gong on her arse.... it's big enough.

Comment

Doesn't Render have a tat of the V-drums logo in the small of his back?
                            >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
                              On that note the Mrs could have a Gong on her arse.... it's big enough.
                              Sounds like someone will be sleeping on the couch/in the dog house this week.
                              >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Working...
                              X