Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Things we don't like about our forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things we don't like about our forum

Ok i haven't UTFSE for this but i think it would be usefull at least for the owners-moderators of the forum to know which things we don't like about our forum and what should be improved.

So we could say 3 things we don't like.Here's mine:

1.The FFFFFSE.Sorry guys but it sucks !
    2.When i use the new posts i want to specify for which duration i want.Sometimes i read a cool post and the next day i can't find it.So i want to view the new posts let's say for the last 48 hours (yes even if they are hundreds)
    3.real time chat

i think this will also help us discover things about our forum we never knew

ps.i would also like a translator so i could type in greek and translate without mistakes to english
    Ex E-kits:
    ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
    ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
    current E-kit
    ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
    " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Hampis you have an email from me, in case you hadnt seen it yet - i am holding my breath to see if the instructions work!

but real time chat would be nice...i know Garritan over at northernsounds organises one every friday for their users...even given how spread out we are around the world, it would be cool...

personally, I think we should give up on the search engine, stickys, and just accept that we are going to get asked the same questions over and over. As our 'grognards' (french for grumbler, = real long time veterans) get tired of answering the same things, we can hope that by that time their wisdom has filtered down to new blood, who can answer the questions and havent become blasť about it...
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I don't like Saku keeping ahead of me in posts

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
        I don't like Saku keeping ahead of me in posts
        I noticed that you cut my lead from the 12-13 that i was comfortable with, to almost nothing...in fact, when i woke up this morning, you were ahead of me!

I dont know if i can cope with this pressure! ARRGH!

Comment

For realtime chat, can't we just set up an IRC channel?

I have #vdrums up and running on efnet if anyone wants to come chat.
          give quiche a chance

Comment

Originally posted by quichester View Post

of course but it would be a different ''feeling'' to be here i think
            Ex E-kits:
            ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
            ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
            current E-kit
            ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
            " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

some of us dont have that technical ability...or even understand the question...

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                some of us dont have that technical ability...or even understand the question...
                Download MIRC, connect to an efnet server, and type: /join #vdrums
                give quiche a chance

Comment

The problem with IRC and any "live" help is monitoring it, because there's too many different time zones to deal with.
                  I don't like the VST and Samples section - I have no idea what anyone is talking about there.

Comment

for more info, http://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/ircguide/

for a list of efnet servers: http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers
                    give quiche a chance

Comment

a great guide this, thanks for the tip...also liked when he wrote: Below that is your email
                      address. I strongly suggest that you do not enter your email address in here.

not that i would ever get around to doing any of this, but since i use firefox, would i be better off using chatzilla than mirc?

cheers
                      saku

Comment

Chatzilla is more convenient because it's built into firefox, but it's an entry-level IRC client. Depends how serious about IRC you are. You probably don't need a TD-20 if you're just going to practice, but if you plan to IRC at a professional level, you'll want to step up to at least all-mesh heads and a script-capable client.

I love mixing metaphors.
                        give quiche a chance

Comment

I love mixing metaphors.
                          and you do it so well

well that made things as clear as a blind man in the kingdom of the witless...

Comment

haha. to put it in plain english, chatzilla is a pretty bare-bones client with no customization. If you use IRC on a regular basis, you'll start wanting it to do more than it can. That said, it's a great starting point, because unlike vdrums, there's no cost to upgrade to mIRC when you get a case of GAS.
                            give quiche a chance

Comment

And if you use a Mac, get Colloquy.

Comment

Working...
                              X