Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vdrums TOO clean & clear..HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vdrums TOO clean & clear..HELP!

So, I play Vdrums live and fire off complimentary, looped samples using Abletons LIVE software. I have a great collection of these very cool sounding looped samples (downloaded from Somnomic)..they are funky , backbeats that have some effects on them. They sound very tight and compressed.

My "problem" is that when Im playing over these samples, my Vdrums sound too clean & clear, they "sit on top" of the samples and don't sound "contained" within these rhythmic beats. 'Im looking to process my Vdrum sound somehow to get more of a "sampled" sound thats a bit "dirtier" than what I m getting now. I have the kit going through a simple (Sampson) mixer and a Lexicon MPX 100 effects box.

Thoughts? Thanks...

just kidding!

Try running them through the Puttinator 2000 turbo processor. On a setting of 1, the Vdrums sound more highly sampled than Julia Roberts in heat.
    Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

that's a mix problem........
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Which model TD are you using? I would think you could tweak your sound but IF you can do that and HOW you do that depends on which model you have.

In your profile, add your equipment to your location and you may get help quicker.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

yep agreed. sounds like a mix pb... also, to make it tighter all together, try compressing the final mix (sample + Vdrums) that may help a lot.

JC
          V-Session / Pearl A set / Sabian

Comment

attenuation my bruthas.
            -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Working...
            X