Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Recommendations for drum lessons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for drum lessons

Hi,

I am looking for a good source to learn drums - for my son, who is 10 year old.

I saw www.freedrumlessons.com but it is a bit messy and doesn't seem to have enough content for beginners. Please correct me if I am wrong here.
    Roland lessons are nice, but not what I'm looking for.

Basically, I was looking for something like JamPlay (www.jamplay.com) just for drums. Some source that effectively can replace an expensive teacher - at least in the beginning.

It doesn't have to be free, just not too expensive.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.
    TD3
    --------------------------------------------------

Check the www.icanplaydrums.com site, this guy has come up wth an intersting drum set course method, very sturcture and with high value multimedia resources that take you hand in hand from total drum dummy to more advance stuff. I also recommend the Tommy Igoe DVD's: Groove Essentials I and Getting Started with Drums.

Although these might be good sources they cannot replace the benefits of having a live instructor, since they are not interactive and they cannot correct bad habits or provide feedback on your progress. My advice is do both get the method and hire the teacher if you can afford it.

------------------------------------------------
    Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Originally posted by Bigman73 View Post
      Some source that effectively can replace an expensive teacher - at least in the beginning.
      The beginning is the LAST place you want to go cheap. Even 1 lesson with a good teacher is worth it. If he develops any bad habits, he'll never know, and could be a much larger problem down the line. My recommendation is at least a half dozen one-on-one lessons with a respected drum teacher.

He'll thank you for it later.
      Last edited by Colquhoun; 01-16-09, 10:53 PM. Reason: poor grammar, as always :)

Comment

Thanks for the tips!
        TD3
        --------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X