Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-Drum Prices on the rise???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Drum Prices on the rise???

Is it just me, or are the prices of V-Drums climbing? Especially used, if & when you can find them!

Been looking here and on e-bay, and seeing what used kits are selling for, is amazing! I thought the economy was in the toilet! I guess people will always have money for their love of music!

I just bought a TD-10 EXP kit locally, with a KD-120, 3 PD-120's, 2 PD-100's, and most importantly V-cymbals (not the cheesey looking pads), a CY12H, 2 CY-14C's and a CY-15R. I paid $1700 CDN (which is around $1350 US for you Americans). It looks like I got a smoking deal!!! I've seen people asking two grand US for a regular TD-10 kit with the rubber pads for cymbals!!!

I've even seen people trying to get two grand for a TD-3 or TD-6 kit!

I hear ya. In November I picked up a used TD-12K kit with KD-85, 3x PD-85's, 1x PD-105, VH-11 hh (no hh stand), 2x CY12R/C, 1x CY14C, and a Roland throne for $2,900 CDN (approx $2,330 USD at today's rate). It seemed like Long & McQuade had just started raising their priced due to the softening Canadian dollar (went from PAR with USD down to around $0.80 on the US dollar). I had been looking at a brand new TD-9K kit there for $2,275 + tax and I went back a few days later and it was well north of $2,500, which pushed me up to the used TD-12K.
    Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
    DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
    Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
    Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
    Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
    Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
    ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
    Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Comment

As far as I can see the prices in The Netherlands are still the same as a year ago, only the TD-9 is dropping slightly (about EUR 75).

Comment

Prices in the UK are definitely on the up (nothing new there), also the German site Thoman are selling a TD9-KX for 500 MORE than I paid for it (from a UK retailer) a month ago

Maybe the Netherlands is the place to be for all things v-drum ...
        My UPDATED TD9-KX - http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...0/P2240044.jpg

Comment

Here in Sweden, 4sound raised its prices by like 20% on roland and boss products....
          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Definitely going up. I was told yesterday that a new TD12 module will be over 1000 now.

Comment

Two words:

Exchange Rate.

This just means that the used market, ie, ebay, will be even more robust with higher prices there as well.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
              TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Things are going crazy here, I bought 3 TD-6's (one better condition than this auction) for 1100,1300 and 1250 now it's like this, that $2300 is around $1400 USD and a new TD-9 (rubber pads) is 2500

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instr...-197807972.htm

This seems more like a better deal but no actual hi-hat , a TD-8 for 1400USD

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instr...-198047593.htm

And to finish a dreamer or one very passionate man who paid a lot for his kit in 2005

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instr...-198104794.htm

Kits have almost doubled in price in the second hand market but new prices are still the same. I think people are getting scared and rightly so as jobs are lost and businesses going under at an alarming rate.
                Nothing of importance here

Comment

i think it has to do with money having less buying power...
                  and the sudden rise of demand from the rockband and guitar hero crowd, amd there interest in e drumming.
                  binary solo! 000001 0000011 0000111 0001111 (oh)
                  000001 (oh oh) 0000011 (oh) 00000111 (one) 00001111
                  come on sucker lick my battery.
                  Boogie,boogie, Robo boogie!
                  boogie, Robo boogie

Comment

Again, two words:

Exchange Rate.

According to Daily Yomiuri Online (earlier this month), the yen hit a, machine gun edrum roll please, 13 YEAR HIGH against the US dollar (which we here in the states now call the lira in memory of the Italian currency that generally tanked against everything else on the planet for the better part of 50 years). To put this in perspective, in January 08, the yen was valued at 109 to the dollar. Earlier this month, it was 87 to the dollar.

Now, I know we're all drummers and math most likely isn't our strongest suit (except when it comes to splitting bar tabs while mind numbingly drunk) but I think everybody can see that that's almost a, here we go again, 20% rise in the yen's value relative to the dollar.

Now, where did I see something about Roland raising their prices 20%?

The yen's story against the euro is no different, it's been something similar. In July 08, 100 yen would get you about 0.6 euro. Now, it'll get you around 0.82 euro. Reuters ran a piece last December saying that Sony was going to hike it's consumer electronic prices steeply just before the holidays. Why? The strength of the yen vs the euro and the dollar.

Thus endeth the economic lesson for today.

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

It's true, thats why a TD9 at Thoman costs about 500 quid more than a few months ago. The British quid is near unity with the Euro. Our North American friends know how that feels.
                      2Box Drumit5, DIY 12" Snare, 12" Floor Tom, 2x10" Toms. Acoustic cymbals w/DIY triggers, Triggera Krigg, Tama Iron Cobra Kick and Tama Roadpro HH stand. Tennis Ball Riser (not needed now I have the Krigg lol).

Comment

Originally posted by TheCoda View Post
                        It's true, thats why a TD9 at Thoman costs about 500 quid more than a few months ago. The British quid is near unity with the Euro. Our North American friends know how that feels.
                        I'd be sympathetic to your plight but since the pound has been well, pounding the bejeesus outta the dollar for the better part of my adult life, all I can say is IT SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

We're all gonna die.

Comment

So bye bye to my shiny new td12 I had planned to buy this year. it will take another year of savings to compansate for the price rise

S*%&[email protected]

------------------------------------------------
                          Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
                            I'd be sympathetic to your plight but since the pound has been well, pounding the bejeesus outta the dollar for the better part of my adult life, all I can say is IT SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!!!!!
                            Maybe it sucks to be me, but not for that reason. I left the UK 3 years ago, and I am enjoying nice growth in a strong Eastern European currency

2Box Drumit5, DIY 12" Snare, 12" Floor Tom, 2x10" Toms. Acoustic cymbals w/DIY triggers, Triggera Krigg, Tama Iron Cobra Kick and Tama Roadpro HH stand. Tennis Ball Riser (not needed now I have the Krigg lol).

Comment

And you have to laugh/cry at the music stores for taking advantage of this.

I went down to my local Roland dealer here a couple of weeks ago. The guys in the drum dept were busy doing a bunch of price changes - I asked what was up and they tell me with the exchange rate, and all, going up they are raising the prices about 20%!!!!

BUT WAIT, wasn't the stock in the store already bought at the lower cost??? So why is the price of in store stock going up? Oh yeah, PRICE GOUGE, let's take advantage of this, and screw the customer again, while we can!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X