Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Need help with used Roland TD-3 Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with used Roland TD-3 Price

I am going to buy a used TD3 set for my son (probably from craigslist).
    How much do you guys think is a good market price for such a set in a good condition that comes with a throne and a kick pedal (lets say 1-2 years old)?
    From I have seen $600 seems like a reasonable price.
    Am I correct?
    TD3
    --------------------------------------------------

I sold my TD-3, used for a bit over a year for $500. I sold it to somebody I knew and gave him a little bit of a deal. $600 with a throne and pedal is probably a good price. It all comes down to what you want, how much money does it cost.

I replaced my TD-3 with the new set up. It worked well for me but is a bit limited. If you buy something used you take less of a hit when you sell it.

Getting what you want in the first place will save you some $$ in the long run. You will probably become infected with GAS and want better drums, cymbals, more drums and cymbals, a better module, rrack, amp, etc..

good luck !!
    Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I think the TD3 should be enough for a 10 year old.. and as you said I can always upgrade it. Maybe one more mesh head later on.

I just wander if now is a good time to buy - cause TD3 is discontinued, so what happens if Roland comes out with a newer model next month or so, and then this older model price get smashed.. or maybe not.
      TD3

Comment

A TD-3 should be fine for a 10 year old to learn on.

Prices seem to be climbing, especially used gear! Don't worry too much about new models coming out. If you can find a good deal right now, it will probably hold it's value down the road.

Good luck in your search!

Comment

TD-3 with a mesh head and comes with a kick and throne....$600 is a pretty good deal. Don't pay more than $50 to ship.

Comment

You guys in the States are lucky. Used TD-3 kits, with one mesh snare, go for around ~USD$850-950 in Australia.
            My compact kit.

Comment

Thanks again for all the tips.
              Shipping is done with my Dodge Grand Caravan..

@sciomako: You guys have the great barrier reef and kangaroos and what not..I think it fair, mate! (Actually lived in the Land of Oz for 6 months. I truly love Australia and Aussies.)

I hope tomorrow night my son and I will be official VDrummers.
              TD3

Comment

Got that used TD 3 yesterday from craigslist - looks almost like NIB condition. I know TD4 is out, but with the price difference I can get an amp and another mesh head.. Seems more important (for now) than a better module - what's wrong with TD3 for entry level?
                TD3

Comment

Originally posted by Bigman73 View Post
                  Got that used TD 3 yesterday from craigslist - looks almost like NIB condition. I know TD4 is out, but with the price difference I can get an amp and another mesh head.. Seems more important (for now) than a better module - what's wrong with TD3 for entry level?
                  absolutely nothing is wrong with the td3 and not just for entry level, it will last you a good way or at least until GAS strikes - and if you got a good price, then congratulations and enjoy! the only thing I can think of is to have a mesh head for the snare, and a cy5 or 8 for a hihat...if you have that, you're set.

happy playing!

saku
                  TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                  ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                  not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Thanks Saku!

I do have a mesh head for the snare.
                    GAS hasn't stroke yet.. but I'll keep these CYs on my buy list.
                    Also thought of maybe getting him, later on, a bigger snare and moving the current snare to become a Tom Tom.
                    TD3

Comment

I'm 8 years late to the party, but a friend of mine showed interest in my old TD-3SW, and I can't find any listings anywhere for price, and I don't know how much it cost new either. Can anyone help with a ballpark of price to ask?

Comment

If it is a good friend ask for a thank you and lasting friendship.
                        It really has little $ value to be of concern.
                        IMHO of course.
                        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Working...
                        X