Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

What music do or would you have in your iPod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What music do or would you have in your iPod

Hey people, in my country we say that we are what we eat, which I do not necessarily relate to, but certainly the music we listen to maybe a reflex of our character. So I decided to start this thread copying the idea from a journalist who interviews celebrities for certain local newspaper. What's on your ipod or what would there be if you had one. This is not a marketing campaing so "ipod" is only used as simple synecdoche.

I'll start by saying what's in mine: I mostly hear rock (54% of 6420 songs) in many of its variations and subgenres but I also like jazz (11%) and world music so there is a bunch of "rare" stuff from Brazil, Morrocco, Venezuela of course, Spain, France, India, Ireland, Africa, Argentina, Italy

Topping in number of songs are
    Soda Stereo (155) a rock band from Argentina famous in Latin America
    Dave Matthews Band (146)
    Os Paralamas Do Successo (100) a brazillian rock band with a lot of influences from funk and brazillian folk rhythms

In general my favorites are:

Guns N' Roses
    INXS
    Matchbox 20
    Moby
    Nightwish
    The Police
    Supertramp
    Sting
    Radiohead
    Sublime
    Smash Mouth
    Zucchero
    Incubus
    Red Hot chilli Peppers
    Queen
    Genesis
    Fiona Apple
    Led Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Green Day
    Barenaked ladies (That's band name, but I like them either way )
    Pablo Gil
    Alfredo Naranjo
    Bela Fleck
    Miles Davis
    Winton Marsallis
    St Germain
    Diana Krall
    New York Voices

Cheers
    Last edited by Synkopat; 01-15-09, 10:34 AM.

------------------------------------------------
    Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Well, in my IPOD, which is expensive and never leaves the house, i have my sleepy music: all the works of Anonymous 4, Tallis Scholars, Pucini, Nature sounds, etc, all to relax and make me fall asleep...

In my MP3 player, what i take out to town, I have lots of folk musik (Stivell, De Dannan, Clannad, plus, shame of shame, filk), Metal (Slayer, Pantera, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Paradise Lost, Sisters of Mercy, etc), Others (Horslips and Evanascence come to mind).

I like having a normal battery MP3 player in town so that when it runs out of juice, I can pop a spare in, without needing to go without music until I can get it recharged...

and btw, I found out to my shock that when the battery on my ipod nano dies, I have to exchange it for someone else - when you take it to be changed they dont necessarily give you your own one back!! and Sweden is too small to offer alternative dealers to change the battery, though if someone knows of one, please tell me!
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I always keep my ipod with me whenever I go, My wife jokes that I could forget my kids but never I ipod. I mostly hear it in the car, It takes me 45min to 60 min to cover a 15Km distance from my home to the office, It would drive me crazy not to have it with me during those annoying traffic jams.

It is a pitty the thing with the ipod's batteries, Does anyone knows if this is not a problem with the latest generations?

------------------------------------------------
      Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Originally posted by Synkopat View Post
        ... simple synecdoche.
        Not so simple for me. I had to look that one up!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synecdoche

Bruce

Comment

Well, I don't have an iPod but do have an Omnia, bands I have on it:

AC/DC
          The Clash
          The Jam
          MUSE
          The Killers
          Guns & Roses
          Red Hot Chilli Peppers
          Boston
          Rainbow
          Kings Of Leon
          Led Zeppelin
          The Doors
          Van Halen
          Jimi Hendrix
          GlasVegas
          Metallica
          Green Day
          Foo Fighters
          Radiohead
          Hard-Fi

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

20 drumless playalong tracks (from FDL and Roland)

And last but not least some beautiful recitations of the Koran.
          Last edited by kismet110; 01-16-09, 05:09 AM.
          My UPDATED TD9-KX - http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...0/P2240044.jpg

Comment

i had GAS with ipods a couble of years ago and that also gave me GAS to Apple products so,

on my silver 160 gb classic there is a selection from my 1,5 TB external music hard discs.More than 3500 artists there if i had to pick 10 with their deicographies of course that would be:Pink floyd,Deep Purple,Mike Oldfield,Police,Led Zeppelin,Dire straits,Eloy,Bad Company,Bryan Adams,
            Metallica

on my ipod touch 16 gb there is a selection of the above

on my ipod classic 60 gb there is my bands recordings,playing along tracks,vdrums sounds and new downloaded but not yet classified songs

on the iphone there is a cream from all above and video tutorials (as also some lovely ''blue'' (is that the right word?) clips with blondies...hehe)
            Ex E-kits:
            ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
            ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
            current E-kit
            ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
            " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Originally posted by hampis View Post

on the iphone there is a cream from all above and video tutorials (as also some lovely ''blue'' (is that the right word?) clips with blondies...hehe)
              I think 'dirty' is the word you are looking for..I can only assume you dont allow your wife or your kids to borrow your iphone!

I also have GAS with mp3 players, but I dont necessarily want the biggest: i want ones with the best sound and with the most flash memory - not hard disks...

s

Comment

I have a 60 gig iPod, and it's full of

METAL!!!!!!!!

All sorts but a lot of Thrash/Death/Black as well as classics like Rainbow. I tend to put a lot of new stuff on it, that I don't get to listen to at home.
                Thing is, most of the stuff I can't play to when it's on shuffle and I have it hooked upt o the module - all too fast or technical. Need to put some slow stuff on it.

Comment

I love threads like this, gives me ideas for 'new' bands to listen to. I'm mostly a classic rock guy, but I branch out from there, and within the last year or 2 emusic.com has been exposing me to a lot of stuff that I would never have heard when I was younger (I'd say hipper, but I've never really been 'hip').

My tastes are broadly similar to the OP's, but I'll try to remember a few bands that have made an impression on me recently just to add a few more to what's already been listed:

Spoon (love 'em)
                  French Kicks
                  Gary Henson (I'm a power pop junkie)
                  Copperpot
                  My Morning Jacket
                  Death Cab for Cutie

I love the Kings of Leon's newest album (can I still call it an album?). Really cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                    I think 'dirty' is the word you are looking for..I can only assume you dont allow your wife or your kids to borrow your iphone!

s
                    I was talking about Blondie the band......what did u have in mind ?
                    Ex E-kits:
                    ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                    ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                    current E-kit
                    ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
                    " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Originally posted by hampis View Post
                      I was talking about Blondie the band......what did u have in mind ?
                      then in fact, you were incorrect when you wrote 'blue'....

Comment

No iPod, but a PSP.

Right now.....

Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown
                        Bozzio, Levin & Stevens (Black Light Syndrome)
                        Steely Dan
                        Amy Winehouse
                        The Radiators

Comment

4,000+ tracks, 350 artists. Alphabetically everything from the Allman Brothers to Yes. Chronologically Frank Sinatra to The Mars Volta.
                          You classic rock people left Nektar off the list. Thats kinda sad.
                          Stuff to hit

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                            No iPod, but a PSP.

Right now.....

Bozzio, Levin & Stevens (Black Light Syndrome)
                            Awesome! 2 superb albums.

Comment

What's on my iPod....wow, too much to list! Mainly metal, hard rock (recent and classic), and reggae, but there's also 50's stuff, classic R&B (Temptations, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, etc).
                              TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X