Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

AC/DC Drum Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC/DC Drum Cover

I took some time to cover AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long" on drums.

It's been a while since I've done any drum covers on video. I have to get more of these out for 2009.

And yes I know...I got off sync a little at one point lol
    Last edited by weldman; 01-13-09, 12:44 AM.
    Dave
    Sonic Orb Studios
    My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
    Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Well done there mate, nice kit as well.
    Nothing of importance here

Comment

aHey man, nice video which camera did you use for shooting it?

------------------------------------------------
      Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Well done SOS
        I love ac/dc too also did a cover
        Ex E-kits:
        ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
        ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
        current E-kit
        ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
        " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Thanks everyone.

The camera is a two year old Sony Handycam DCR-HC32. Nothing great but gets the job done. I'm still saving up for a pro-grade cam like the Panasonic DVX100B.
          Dave
          Sonic Orb Studios
          My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a

Comment

Did you mixed in the audio or it is the audio rec by the camera?

Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

I use the video camera only to record video as thats what it does best.
              All of my audio goes into my audio interface on my desktop PC DAW.

I run Sonar 7 Producer and in this video I used the TD6V to trigger Session Drummer 2 using MIDI.

I setup a rough patch and mix in sonar, recorded the video, then went back and fine tuned the drum levels and such until I got the sound I was looking for. At that point it was as easy as exporting the audio as a WAV file and importing it into Adobe Premier where I then captured the video and synced the two to the first cymbal hit.
              It's hard to see in the video but if you look close enough you will see I have IEMs on to monitor the audio track I was playing along with. I simply set Sonar to play back one track while I recorded the MIDI track at the same time.

It sounds more complicated than it actually is but it's a higher end setup that gets me better sounds than the module alone. I have never been a fan of the sounds in the 6V which is why I spent my money on a VSTi such as Session Drummer.

I have two instructional videos in pre-production which will be on my youtube page next month, (could be sooner depending on my schedule). One will go over the basics of MIDI and the other will go over how i do my music videos and such...
              If anyone is looking to do videos similar to mine with similar audio quality these two videos will be a must see.
              Last edited by weldman; 01-13-09, 05:00 PM.
              Dave
              Sonic Orb Studios
              My Youtube

Comment

Thanks Dave, I'll be checking out those. I also use sonar for recording my drum parts, but so far only as audio, not yet directly as midi. And the convertions I have attempted so far is pretty awful. But I'm certian I must be doing soemthing wring since I have not learn to use Sonar properly yet.

Nice video and good sound. Are you right handed or lefty, You seem very conformtable playing open.

Keep it up

Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

You can have the most advanced, highest end gear out there and still get crappy sounds. It takes time to learn how to mix and use your sequencer to get the best sounds out of it.
                  I've only been doing this for just over two years now and am fairly new to MIDI. Most of the things are not really difficult, they may just sound or look that way at first but when you learn to do these things you find how easy it actually is.

I normally write with my left hand but when I started drumming years ago I was on a small Yamaha DD55 so you could not really play with your arms crossed. I guess with time I just got comfortable playing like then and so when I built my full sized kit more than two years ago I just kept playing with this style.
                  Dave
                  Sonic Orb Studios
                  My Youtube

Comment

Nice job Dave...love the last shot I am a lefty playing a righty kit too.
                    chris :D

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
                      Nice job Dave...love the last shot I am a lefty playing a righty kit too.
                      What, the crowd?

One day I went to the music store and there was a crowd of 10 on sale. Never being the type to turn down a deal I brought them home.
                      After that I kept stocking up on more of them every now and then when they are on sale and before I knew it I had what you see in that image
                      Dave
                      Sonic Orb Studios
                      My Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by weldman View Post
                        what, The Crowd?

One Day I Went To The Music Store And There Was A Crowd Of 10 On Sale. Never Being The Type To Turn Down A Deal I Brought Them Home.
                        After That I Kept Stocking Up On More Of Them Every Now And Then When They Are On Sale And Before I Knew It I Had What You See In That Image :d
                        Lol..........
                        Last edited by bogiesbad; 01-13-09, 09:10 PM.
                        chris :D

Comment

Fine Job!

I just started workng on that tune last Saturday. It's a fun tune to play!
                          I use the ballad patch on the td9 as it has a very wet snare (thick).

cheers
                          RJ
                          TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

Comment

Working...
                          X