Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Cymbal sustain (i think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cymbal sustain (i think)

Hi,

just a quick question, i'm trying to replicate what's played in this video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQgDY0pZ68

Unfortunately i have been unable to make my cymbals ring for as long as in the video, i have the Td-9kx. I have fiddled with the settings but i still can't get it to sound right.

Any help would be appreciated.

As a final note, i know it's asking alot and i may as well ask you to play it for me as well but do you know which cymbals which come with the 9-kx sound like the ones used in the video?

Thanks again,

Regards,

Pompalomp

I've never been much of a Blink182 fan, but he is quite the drummer. Interesting kit, his rack toms look quite large in diameter (or am I seeing things?). Also, his sticks look really long (which is good, considering how far away his ride and 2nd crash are), and he grips them really near the butt. Anyone know what those sticks are? I imagine he has a custom signature stick of some variety.
    Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
    DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
    Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
    Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
    Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
    Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
    ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
    Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Comment

Vic Firth make Travis Barker signature sticks. He's an incredibly dextrous player (I hope he's recovering well). Not watched the vid, but the only way you can get longer sustain on the cymbals is to adjust the decay on the module.

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
        Vic Firth make Travis Barker signature sticks. He's an incredibly dextrous player (I hope he's recovering well). Not watched the vid, but the only way you can get longer sustain on the cymbals is to adjust the decay on the module.
        Oh I hadn't realized he's been injured. Googled it after reading your reply. Poor guy. I think he's made some recent appearances though, and he was apparently in the studio a couple of months after the crash, so I guess he's doing alright.
        Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
        DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
        Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
        Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
        Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
        Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
        ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
        Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Comment

For a moment there I thought one of those cymbals had warped! then I realised it was just the affect of the fish-eye lens.

That guy has got so much energy...it's no wonder he's so slim!
          :eek:

Comment

Working...
          X