Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Lost In The Flood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost In The Flood

The Palatial Render Estate flooded this weekend. A toilet overflowed for 20 minutes and it went down through the second floor, destroying the ceiling, and down into the basement where my gear was. Thank goodness the Mondor has it's own room. It was untouched. The only victim was my poor Atomic Dog whose decals ran and about 8 bajillion YuGiOh cards.
    sigpic

****, that was close!
    Cheers
    Paul

Comment

Atomic Dog

Nooooooh! Not the Atomic Dog. . . my teeth are gnashing.

I sure hope it uses only one life this time in order to live another day.
      Pearl SRX Custom Session set and Rogers jazz set with Zildjian and Sabian cymbals, DW Collector snare, Tama Kenny Aronoff Trackmaster snare, Zendrum, SPD-S, TD-20, Gibraltar frame for Roland and Pintech pads and Roland cymbals, TrapKat

Comment

Man sorry to hear that!
        My daughter loves putting a whole roll of t.p..... flushing it and flooding the bathroom .
        I now sleep with a plunger next to my bed.
        Hope things dry up for you.
        www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
        Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

Eeesshh! Sorry to hear, but glad the Mondor escaped unscathed!
          Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

"The only victim was my poor Atomic Dog whose decals ran and about 8 bajillion YuGiOh cards"
            I don't have a clue what that means, but I know it meant somthing to you - I am truly sorry to hear this.
            I hope that you are getting back to dry and comfortable.

-Racer52
            TD-20 (non expanded), acoustic look DIY a to e conversion - some cake pan/ some crossbar method. DIY cymbals, VH-12 :-)
            Psalm 150
            had the best times with this band https://www.facebook.com/SaintHooliganMusic
            YouTube video postings: https://www.youtube.com/user/racer52online/videos
            Vdrums Photo Albums: http://www.vdrums.com/member/26923-racer52/media

Comment

Damn! Poor YuGiOh.

Comment

Bad luck Michael...been there, had that happen, lost a magazine collection and bits of a board game collection..notable the most expensive and saleable of the games...sods law...

glad to hear the mondor was in safety, and hope the OTHER bajillion of your Collectable Cards escaped unscathed....
                TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

That's terrible!!

-Does she still play?

E
                  - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

That sucks. Glad your kit survived.
                    Do I hear water running?
                    TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

Everything still plays fine. It was just the stickers that got damp and ran.
                      My insurance adjuster showed up today and is going to pay for all the damage! Yay! My contractor shows up tomorrow morning.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                        My insurance adjuster showed up today and is going to pay for all the damage! Yay! My contractor shows up tomorrow morning.
                        If you lived in the UK, you'd still be arguing about blame and costs 6 months from now. Man we suck at this kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
                          If you lived in the UK, you'd still be arguing about blame and costs 6 months from now. Man we suck at this kind of thing.
                          If you lived in Greece your insurance adjuster would replace your mondor with a hydra . Glad the kit is safe Mike and to be serious your adjuster here would tell you "what flood are you talking about ,are you sure"?
                          Ex E-kits:
                          ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                          ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                          current E-kit
                          ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
                          " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                            Ooo, sorry to hear about your mini-disaster, glad you are covered. Are the adjusters going to compensate you for those runny stickers too?
                            sigpic

Comment

Phew...!! Dude! When I read the title to this thread, I thought the mighty 'Mondor' was doomed. I practically had a heart-attack... and it's not even my kit!!

ps. Sorry about the water damage, the Atomic Dog and stuff... I hope you get it all sorted soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X