Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

NAMM Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM Predictions

With NAMM coming up, what (if anything) does everyone think Roland and others of the v-drum world will introduce?

Let the speculation and wishful thinking begin!

I'm hoping 2box is goin' to knock our socks off.
    Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Ion has three new low price kits they are introducing, will Roland replace the td3 as rumoured?, drumkit5 from 2boxx, and i am hoping for an updated spd-s...though that it probably unrealistic....
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Not Roland ,but I have no doubt Pearl are announcing what the Demon Drive is...

http://www.pearldemondrive.com/

Comment

I am predicting a thought controlled module where you just have to think about the beat.
          (Funny though, none of my predictions are ever right)
          sigpic

Comment

My first prediction is that Roland will wait for 'Frankfurt' or 'Summer NAMM' to reveal anything big V-Drum-wise. However, come that day, I reckon these will be the 'new products' that we'll see... (steady now everyone... this is just 'my take' on things!!):-

Roland TD-5
            The much-rumoured replacement for both the TD-3 and TD-6... will have USB *.wav playback and DB25 connector as TD-9. I also predict kits will be based on a 'straight-bar' version of the MDS-9 rack (likely to be designated MDS-5).

Roland HD-3
            Same 'kit' specification as the HD-1 but with a more 'content-rich' module (more voices, kits and songs).

Roland SPD-X
            Replacement for the SPD-S... USB memory, 'D-Beam' and ribbon controllers... and all the stuff Saku's been dreaming about, included.

Roland PM-70
            15" sub + satellites, 400w version of the PM30. Will probably be hideously expensive...

Roland PDX-6
            8" version of PDX-8. Likely to be used as the 'tom' pads for the 'mesh head' version of the kits (TD-5SX or TD-5KX for European versions). Yeah, I know the numbers don't match but they should've thought of that...

Roland CY-14R/C and CY-16R/C
            Replaces the current CY-14C and CY-15R respectively. Improvement to bell response is hoped...

Of course none of this'll be right...!!!

Comment

I'm hoping for a new Fantom G module that allows the use of ARX cards and that 64 bit drivers come out for Fantom XR librarian/editor and Edirol Hyper Canvas. 90% sure about the G module and 1% of the last two. Roland is still a little slow about software.
              Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
                Roland TD-5
                The much-rumoured replacement for both the TD-3 and TD-6... will have USB *.wav playback and DB25 connector as TD-9. I also predict kits will be based on a 'straight-bar' version of the MDS-9 rack (likely to be designated MDS-5).
                You can read more about the Roland TD-5 module directly from Roland's website:
                http://rolandus.com/products/product...x?ObjectId=493

Although, you'll notice that link is from the "Legacy Products" section.

I think you are correct about a TD-3 successor, though. Rumor is that this new module/kit will be the TD-4 since Roland has already used the following names TD-3, TD-5, TD-6, TD-7, TD-8, TD-9, TD-10, TD-12, and TD-20.

Here is my guess about the TD-4 or HD-3, or whatever they call it. I'm guessing that it will have a direct interface for Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii so that it can play with Rockband/Guitar Hero types of games. Maybe the pads will also be color coded to match the colors in the video games. Maybe Roland will also introduce their own game to go with this new video game kit.

-SD-

Comment

Originally posted by SiliconDrummer View Post
                  You can read more about the Roland TD-5 module directly from Roland's website:
                  http://rolandus.com/products/product...x?ObjectId=493

Although, you'll notice that link is from the "Legacy Products" section.
                  Oh yeah... forgot about that old thing...!! TD-4 it is then!

Comment

Don't the Japanese avoid 4 since it means death.
                    Shi = 4
                    Shi = death
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                      Shi = 4
                      Shi = death
                      Now that you mention it, I do remember hearing that the numbers 4 and 9 are both unlucky numbers -- just like we consider 13 to be an unlucky number. But, I never heard the part about 4 having something to do with death.

Anyway, they released a TD-9, so I guess the TD-4 is still a possibility. If that doesn't work, then there is always a TD-2, or maybe a TD-11?

-SD-

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
                        Not Roland ,but I have no doubt Pearl are announcing what the Demon Drive is...

http://www.pearldemondrive.com/
                        Found this on another site:

NAMM 2009:

Demon Drive has arrived. Pearl’s new direct drive bass drum pedal is packed with features and converts from long-board to short-board. Demon Drive is Heavenly Smooth and Wickedly Fast! This will be the product everyone is talking about. Pearl’s complete drumset lineup is on display including a new limited edition Masters Mahogany kit.
                        give quiche a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                          Shi = 4
                          Shi = death
                          Michael, this is definitely the case in Chinese Mandarin, well, death and four sound similar. Both have their own character and have a different tone, but to you and I they are both 'Si' in Pinyin.

My Japanese isn't so hot (non-existent), so can't comment on that but wouldn't be surprised if it were similar.

Personally I live on the 4th floor of my apartment block and it is called the 4th floor. In my travels I've found it to be more prevalent (dropping numbers) in Hong Kong actually, 4, 13 and 14 floors missing, others too I think - all sorts.

Charly
                          Last edited by Charly; 01-12-09, 08:53 PM.

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41835

Comment

My apartment building in Korea has a 4th floor, as do most, but occassionally I do see the fourth floor missing when I'm in a commercial building.

Comment

Well... maybe they won't use the number 4 then.

So... do we think that Roland will market the entry level V-Drum kits with the 'HD' prefix... while the mid to upper range kits remain as TD's...?

Comment

Working...
                              X