Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

What are your music preferences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your music preferences?

I thought it would be nice to have this statistics

You may choose several if you like
    Pop Rock
    14.69%
    Progressive Rock
    23.16%
    Jazz-Rock Fusion
    9.04%
    Country
    1.69%
    Metal Rock
    10.17%
    Jazz (Any trend)
    11.30%
    World Music
    4.52%
    Electronic
    8.47%
    Funk
    11.86%
    R&B
    5.08%

------------------------------------------------
    Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Depending on the circumstances, I can get into any of those genres and other genres not even listed.

Overall, I would guess that drummers have the most diverse preferences because rhythm is a crucial element of nearly all styles of music.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes I agree, I also like a lot of genres that because of space limitations I could not list. But try to think about the ones you always prefer over others. I prefer rock mostly whenver I turn my ipod on the first song I listen to is a rock song (of any trend)

Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

What, no love for Goth/Industrial? Heh.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm in for gothic!! Although I'm not proficient of the genre . I am a big fan of Rammstein

Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Hey Bejewled One: didn't know you were a goth rock fan. I need to be in just the right mood for industrial and I'm guessing my goth preferences are pretty focused (I'm a huge Rasputina fan).

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
            TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
              Hey Bejewled One: didn't know you were a goth rock fan. I need to be in just the right mood for industrial and I'm guessing my goth preferences are pretty focused (I'm a huge Rasputina fan).
              It must be a jewel (or price sticker) thing. That's also the problem with all the rock and metal flavors...how do you define them? Nine Inch Nails, Tool, Rob Zombie (all of whom I love)...Industrial? Prog Metal?

BTW, you need to add a Blues category and I'm not talking R&B...I mean the BLUES! And reggae...dat's cool stuff mon!
              TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Rammstein is goth? Heh heh, not the first band that came to my mind when thinking of the genre.

Industrial metal, yeah. I have a feeling I'm gonna like this thread.

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Blues definitely needs to be added.

Funny how no country votes have yet to appear.

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
                    Rammstein is goth? Heh heh, not the first band that came to my mind when thinking of the genre.

Industrial metal, yeah. I have a feeling I'm gonna like this thread.

I think I'll have to rephrase to "I thought I liked Goth"

Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

I'd vote for goth. and for Rammstein. But not for Rammstein AS goth...but blues and reggae/ska...and R&B is probably going to confuse people, do you mean R&B from our generation, or R&B of their generation, which is totally different and not even related kind of thing...
                      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

The electronics are a hidden secret in the country market. They have been using electronic pads for 25 years to get a solid cross stick sound at concert volume, but nobody wants to admit it. There is so much fad in the music business. I remember when you had to play a Tele through a Peavy amp or they would laugh you out of a country bar. Same with Les Pauls and Strats through a Marshal or Fender if you were in a rock band. Never mind what sounds best, just be cool! I like music that is good and tastefull, I really don't care about the label.

Comment

Well my banner makes it fairly clear, but you do need to add Blues for sure, though my preference is Blues Rock (Pat Travers etc).
                          Voted Metal Rock and Prog so far!

Comment

FB's got a great point about metal. All the local metal bands are screamo/death/thrash types and it's the most godawful crap I've ever sat thru.

Now, two bands I'm just getting into, Epica and Kamelot, are metal but obviously very different. Our band's covered two Nightwish songs and are working on a third and we likes us our Lacuna Coil (see a trend here? We like metal front by babes with awesome voices). Not to mention all the "classic" metal (Ack****, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and a bazillion others).

Comment

They have been using electronic pads for 25 years to get a solid cross stick sound at concert volume, but nobody wants to admit it.
                              That's quite good to know actually. Makes me feel better about assigning a pad for cross stick instead of trying to get reliable rim action on a snare. Actually, that's a trick I learned from a fellow local edrummer who gigs regularly with two guys with a lot of professional experience in Nashville.

Comment

Working...
                              X