Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

No VDRUMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No VDRUMS!

12 days ago I was drafted as a paramedic to the army reserve force because of the fighting in Gaza, so i left my VDRUMS (and family..) at home and it seems like i wont play for the next few weeks..
    I have internet access only once in a while, but when I do I try to read to forum and at least read about other people playing...
    Oren
    Israel

Here is a picture of me (shaking hands with a palestinian docotor) taking a wounded palestinian child to a hospital in Israel.
    Attached Files

Keep your head down mate, it's dangerous out there,
    You mention and showed pics of the kids, on a side note I don't understand why all these kids are getting hurt, maimed and killed.

In England in WW2 when the bombing started all the kids were taken from the city and moved to the countryside, they were all ok, all I see on the TV is the kids getting killed, it does make me think why they aren't moved out of danger. It's all a bit weird, anyway good luck.
    Nothing of importance here

Comment

Leaving aside the sheer madness of using more yet violence to quell violence and the humanitarian disaster in Gaza I hope you remain unharmed and return safely to your family (and drums).

One day (probably a long time from now but my hope in humanity is still strong) maybe we'll learn that killing is the problem, NOT the solution.
      My UPDATED TD9-KX - http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...0/P2240044.jpg

Comment

Take care and keep your head down. Why you have to help is beyond me, leave them to it I say.

Comment

Thanks for the work you're doing over there brother!

-Now get your @$$ home in one piece!

E
          - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sook View Post
            Keep your head down mate, it's dangerous out there,
            You mention and showed pics of the kids, on a side note I don't understand why all these kids are getting hurt, maimed and killed.

In England in WW2 when the bombing started all the kids were taken from the city and moved to the countryside, they were all ok, all I see on the TV is the kids getting killed, it does make me think why they aren't moved out of danger. It's all a bit weird, anyway good luck.
            In Gaza area there is no countryside for the kids to be taken away.It;s a shock for all of us watching kids getting hurt and killed and schools been bombed but the most shocking thing is that we are doing nothing but just watching and posting,Maybe some day Palestine and Israel will live in peace but these kids will never come back...
            Ex E-kits:
            ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
            ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
            current E-kit
            ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
            " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Stay safe Viva and keep up your good work. I suspect that this thread will be hit by those that believe this conflict to be one-sided. My advice is just to ignore them! Being mortor bombed day after day can only be tolerated for so long i.e. tickle the dragons tale and sooner or late you'll be whipped!

I'll do extra shifts on my Vdrums to cover the global imbalanced caused by you not playing yours!
              :eek:

Comment

May that ongoing struggle over a strip of land never get the best of you. I hope you save many lives while preserving your own.
                sigpic

Comment

All the best mate, thinking of you and stay safe.

Comment

Hats off and much respect to you Viva. Stay safe. I hope your sacrifices are appreciated. One more reminder why most of us have problems the less fortunate would be happy to have.
                    "to get your playing more forceful, hit the drums harder" - keith moon

Comment

Originally posted by hampis View Post
                      In Gaza area there is no countryside for the kids to be taken away.It;s a shock for all of us watching kids getting hurt and killed and schools been bombed but the most shocking thing is that we are doing nothing but just watching and posting,Maybe some day Palestine and Israel will live in peace but these kids will never come back...
                      Live in peace with Palestine? will never happened. They like to fight, It's there nature, and you can see it in other places. Their holy war is guiding them. HOLY WAR. They chose the Hamas for goverment. Israel is too nice and consider the world opinion too much.
                      Last edited by Alan VEX; 01-11-09, 12:34 PM.
                      A-kit:

E-kit:[B]

Comment

From a retired soldier & medic - be safe & thanks for your service.

Your V-drums anxiously await your return.
                        David
                        TD-9KX stock kit with extra PD-85 & CY8

Comment

Update - NO VDRUMS

Hi, and thanks for your support..
                          In the last few days my house (in Beer Sheva) has entered the missle range, so my wife and baby moved out of the house to my parents house in Tel Aviv...
                          So I guess my VDRUMS will have to wait even longer...
                          Anyway about some of your remakrs- without going into politics- i am glad im a paramedic and get to treat people - from both sides.
                          In my opinion war is no solution - but sometimes the people you try to talk to speak a diffrent language - violance
                          Peace
                          Oren

Comment

Working...
                          X