Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Damn you internet (td20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn you internet (td20)

Bored at work today and found myself buying a TD20. Bought a TD12 about 8 months ago and added an extra cymbal and 2 PD125's. Guess that's gonna be boxed up and put on the classifieds here.

Damn you Internet......

Who said we were in a depression......

I think the GAS tooks the best this time.

Comment

Lakers Fan - you're not done unless you got the tdw20 expansion put in there. IMHO, it's well worth it.
      My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Pre ordered the expansion card. Not coming in until February sometime. Gonna look around tomorrow to see if someone else has them in stock for the same price.

Comment

There we are folks, the solution to the recession! Give everyone a free HD1 and let GAS do the rest!
          Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

at least you waited till after Christmas, you must have saved a bit of dosh..

Comment

Originally posted by S-E-A View Post
              at least you waited till after Christmas, you must have saved a bit of dosh..
              Until they stop making movie's I should be fine on cash.

Although I do have a major GAS problem. Good thing I've got a few jobs coming in tomorrow, so won't be sitting on the net buying stuff.....

I'm pretty excited to hear the differences between the 12 and 20. Just the 10" toms alone are worth it (for me). I ran out of room on the TD12 rack and hopefully the 20 will keep me satisfied for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers_Fan_24 View Post
                Until they stop making movie's I should be fine on cash.

Although I do have a major GAS problem. Good thing I've got a few jobs coming in tomorrow, so won't be sitting on the net buying stuff.....

I'm pretty excited to hear the differences between the 12 and 20. Just the 10" toms alone are worth it (for me). I ran out of room on the TD12 rack and hopefully the 20 will keep me satisfied for a while.
                If you are not happy with the TDW20, then there's no making you happy!

From what little I know about the TD12, the TD20 is definitely worth the extra bucks, and the upgrade card makes the best even better!
                Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

You should keep the TD-12 and combine them into a giant kit! Or so I've heard.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                    You should keep the TD-12 and combine them into a giant kit! Or so I've heard.
                    Yeah, like you'd know anything about that.

Comment

I can't even imagine the amount of money I've spent on the internet while I was "bored" at work! The last thing I bought was a 2008 honda goldwing... all because I was bored and was browsing the honda site... next thing I know I'm approved for financing and the dealership is calling. (an absolutely amazing bike, by the way)

Lakers, my wife got me the TDW-20 from the guitarcenter 800 number for only $371. She just called, told them she found it at BPMMusic for $359 and they simply gave her the discount. They didn't even check stock or anything. Try guitar center.
                      -Coop

Roland TDW-20 Module VEX'd, Boss FS-6, two DW 9900 holding four Pintech Concertcast toms, Hart Dynamics Pro Snare on DW 9300, Hart Dynamics ECymbal II HiHat on EPedal II, Hart 14" Crash, 12"crash, 14"China, 16"ride on 4X DW 9700 , Pintech DingBat, Roland KD-120, Tama Iron Cobra doubles, Pork Pie Big Boy Throne (Camo).

Comment

Thanks labenske, gonna call GC now. Was heading over there (actually Sam Ash - not a big GC fan) for the tama snare stand. Thanks for the heads up (bpm is where I pre ordered from and bought the TD20).

Goldwing.... Nice.... Always wanted one of those, maybe when I retire.

Currently have a Honda cr250 (2 stroke) and a Yamaha R1 (damn fast bike). The 1st day I took ownership of the R1 I was cruising down the 101 freeway and wanted to get out of some idiots way. Dropped down to 3rd and punched it, looked down I was doing 156!!!!! Scared the crap out of me that I was going that fast and still in 3rd gear. Pulled of to the side of the freeway and had a smoke to calm the nerves. Haven't rode the bike in a couple years, CA drivers are the worst (and I used to live in Miami with the old folks-LA's worse).
                        Last edited by Lakers_Fan_24; 01-06-09, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Will you be selling the TD-12 as a kit or in pieces?
                          give quiche a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers_Fan_24 View Post
                            Thanks labenske, gonna call GC now. Was heading over there (actually Sam Ash - not a big GC fan) for the tama snare stand. Thanks for the heads up (bpm is where I pre ordered from and bought the TD20).

Goldwing.... Nice.... Always wanted one of those, maybe when I retire.

Currently have a Honda cr250 (2 stroke) and a Yamaha R1 (damn fast bike). The 1st day I took ownership of the R1 I was cruising down the 101 freeway and wanted to get out of some idiots way. Dropped down to 3rd and punched it, looked down I was doing 156!!!!! Scared the crap out of me that I was going that fast and still in 3rd gear. Pulled of to the side of the freeway and had a smoke to calm the nerves. Haven't rode the bike in a couple years, CA drivers are the worst (and I used to live in Miami with the old folks-LA's worse).
                            I like something a bit more nimble on the twistys than a goldwing, though my pillon passanger and financer kept looking at the goldwing or the bmw equivalent....

i suppose the silver lining to me being dirt poor and not having a credit rating at all is that i cant get financing to make impulse purchases...
                            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I can imagine the Goldwing being a pig on the twistys. For me the drive from LA to Vegas on a Goldwing would be heaven.

Picked up the expansion pack at GC for the bpm price. If my TD20 didn't ship yet (glad it did), GC would honor there price and I would be setting up the new kit tonight... Oh well. A few more sleepless nights and I'll be jamming away. Just hoping it get's here by Friday night.

I'm still debating on how to sell the TD12. Currently it has 3-PD85's, 2-pd125's and a PD105. I think I might sell it as: 3 85's and 2 125's and keep the 105, but not sure yet. Also, this was before Roland shipped with 3 cymbals (1 month before), so I purchased another 12 rc, but I might keep it. What I might do is let the buyer choose what setup he/she wants and then part out the rest.

Of course I like Michael's idea of a monster kit. However, can't bring myself to build a Mondor/SuperPuss kit............
                              Last edited by Lakers_Fan_24; 01-06-09, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X