Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Where can I get rack screws ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• otacon28
    replied
    I believe that it would be the overall measurement of the entire tension lug . If I remember correctly I needed a few replacements for an acoustic snare a few years back and that's how I remember them being the right length for my snare .

You may want to ask customer service over there to be sure , but I would think it would be the overall length .

sam(otacon28)

Leave a comment:

• DjPiLL
    replied
    I am trying to figure out of these will work.

http://www.music123.com/Gibraltar-SC...39120.Music123

Says the length is 1 3/8 inches. Is that the length from the top of the lug head to the end of the thread (complete length). Or is it just the length of the thread only, not counting the head?

If it's the entire lug length, then I think this would probably be good. Not sure about thread type though. I have to order some parts from music123 so i'll get free shipping if i get these.

Leave a comment:

• tactguy004
    replied
    I have a bunch of rack screws available with replacement nuts. I've got 30 in black and 20 in silver. The nuts are silver. I swapped out the stock silver ones for black and these are my leftover supply. Let me know if you're interested.

Leave a comment:

• otacon28
    replied
    Originally posted by DjPiLL View Post
    You know I drove over to the Long Island Drum Center and I asked them for these bolts for the Roland Rack and they said they "didn't carry them".

I even showed him the screw. I might have to go back there and look for these again, maybe just under the Gibraltar brand and get the proper length.

Yeah I think they are just your typical tension rods . Also make sure you match the thread type up too . Tension rods ( bolts ) are made in both fine and coarse thread types .

sam(otacon28)

Leave a comment:

• DjPiLL
    replied
    You know I drove over to the Long Island Drum Center and I asked them for these bolts for the Roland Rack and they said they "didn't carry them".

I even showed him the screw. I might have to go back there and look for these again, maybe just under the Gibraltar brand and get the proper length.

Leave a comment:

• SiliconDrummer
    replied
    Originally posted by DjPiLL View Post
    Ok dumb question. Where can I buy some rack screws... typically the ones used on the MDS-12 and MDS-20 rack? Since the head is for a drum key, my local hardware store didn't seem to have any.

Am I stuck paying god knows what per screw at Roland directly? Anyone know how much the screws are?

I can get nuts... but I need the screws. TIA.
    Aren't they just using regular old tension rods like these?
    http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...hes?sku=446164

If so, then you can get those at most drum shops and music stores. Just measure the length so you can get the right size.

-SD-

Leave a comment:

• DjPiLL
    started a topic Where can I get rack screws ???

Where can I get rack screws ???

Ok dumb question. Where can I buy some rack screws... typically the ones used on the MDS-12 and MDS-20 rack? Since the head is for a drum key, my local hardware store didn't seem to have any.

Am I stuck paying god knows what per screw at Roland directly? Anyone know how much the screws are?

I can get nuts... but I need the screws. TIA.
Working...
X