Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

roland td9 kx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roland td9 kx?

Im just about to buy a roland td9 kx and i need to know if it can work with reason 4. I want to send wav files in to the kit and be able to trigger them if i hit a snare or tom. Can i do this. Its usb so i hope so. The other question is can i send what i record when i drum on to my pc? Hope yaz can help people.

I only have reason 3, though i was a beta tester for reason 4...to answer your second question first, since it is easiest, yes, you can connect the audio out of the td 9 to the audio in of your sound card to record audio, or connect the midi out of the td9 to a midi in/midi to usb converter to record midi.

Now, somebody else might be able to help with the second. You can NOT in anycase load sounds onto the td9...so what you would have to do is to use the snare or tom hit and send it as midi into reason to trigger your sound sample from within reason....does reason accept midi in from outside the programme? One of the unique features of reason is that it is self contained, and will not at least accept audio in from outside the programme.

The usb on the 9 is only used for playing wav files as a backing track (sort of like as a special mix-in connector) and then various maintenance functions, like loading and saving kits and upgrades and so on...and saving quick recordings of your own playing..
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Thanks man.sound info.

Comment

Originally posted by badliver View Post
        sound info.
        Ha ha...good pun!

Comment

hey, could you explain how to use reason and the td9? I just got reason 4 and I have no idea how to use it. any newb links would be greatly appreciated

Comment

You got reason without knowing how to use it?

Sounds a bit wierd to spend 300€ and not knowing how to use it?

13" Custom Dave snare 10" tom 1 10" tom 2 12" Ftom
            12" Ftom 18" kick VH-11 CY12R DIY 18" Crash DIY 16" Crash DIY 8" Splash DIY 14" china Jmann Cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by headyorganic View Post
              hey, could you explain how to use reason and the td9? I just got reason 4 and I have no idea how to use it. any newb links would be greatly appreciated
              what do you want to know?? There is a good quick start guide and a handbook provided with reason, and amazon sells some good how to books as well...
              reason is fairly simple to use.

but if i knew what you wanted to do, it would be easier to advise...

Comment

Working...
              X