Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Anyone use a PM3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a PM3?

I use a PM3 onstage. I replaced the cheap satellite speakers with two Yamaha SM115V 15" stage monitors. The PM3 amp has the balls to push them nicely. I have no idea why Roland paired it with those satellites - I blew the tweeters in them within a few days, and I never turned the volume past two-thirds of the way up. I have found that the 4" speakers just won't work for amplifying drums onstage. I see that the PM30 also has the same size speakers.

Has anyone else had problems with the cheap PM3/PM30 satellite speakers? Have you ever tried replacing them with stage monitors? It works great!

PM-3 Satelite Speakers

I use a PM-3 with the speakers that came with it. No problems but I'm just using it in the garage for practice and at church so no real need to push the envelope on volume.

I like the size of the speakers and the handy placement with the mounts. How do you mount the 15" monitors?
    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

WOW!

Your using two 500 watt capable passive two-way monitors (15" speaker and horn) in place of two 50 watt two-way satelite speakers (4" speaker and tweeter). Just curious as I own a PM-3 for home use only:

- Is this set-up used for live stage amplification competing with band at a loud level or do you run thru the main PA and use this for stage monitoring?

- Which projects more bass for you in this set-up, the Roland 2-10" woofers or the Yamaha 15" speakers?

- How high (volume level) do you need to push the Yamahas thru the satelite outputs?
      TD-20exp module/TD-10exp * VH-12 hh * Gibraltar hh stand * 4 Hart Hammers * 2-22" kicks w/Pintech triggers & Blastech mesh * 1-14" snare w/Pintech triggers & Hart mesh *2-10", 2-12" & 2-14" roto toms w/Quartz triggers & Hart mesh * 7 PCY-150 cymbals

Comment

WildWes said:

Your using two 500 watt capable passive two-way monitors (15" speaker and horn) in place of two 50 watt two-way satelite speakers (4" speaker and tweeter). Just curious as I own a PM-3 for home use only:

- Is this set-up used for live stage amplification competing with band at a loud level or do you run thru the main PA and use this for stage monitoring?

I used my PM3/Yamaha setup for live stage amplification (drums only) along with regular stage monitors to hear the rest of the band.

- Which projects more bass for you in this set-up, the Roland 2-10" woofers or the Yamaha 15" speakers?

I still use the PM3 main unit with the 10" woofers. I run the Yamahas on the speaker jacks.

- How high (volume level) do you need to push the Yamahas thru the satelite outputs?

I usually pushed them about two-thirds volume and they worked great. Believe it or not, the PM3 amp pushes them really nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumzilla View Post
          I like the size of the speakers and the handy placement with the mounts. How do you mount the 15" monitors?
          On the floor. They are wedges. I also use a Butt Kicker so I could feel my kick drum. That helps tremendously!

The satellites would be fine for practice or church, but in a big club or an outdoor gig they fail IMO.

Comment

~~Hi All, has anyone compared or used two PM-10's in Stereo setup, compared too the PM-30. I have two PM-10's setup for home use and was thinking of switching to a single PM-30 to save floor space. I'm not sure if this would be a upgrade or a downgrade of system sound.
            Any thoughts.
            Thanks, John

Comment

Working...
            X