Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know the pieces fit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the pieces fit.

Ok, three things: I got a raise, I'm moving to a 2600 square foot raw loft, and I saw Neil using the V's.

Thus: I'm keeping the V-Sessions. I have been out of the local scene for 3 or so months, exploring other things. I was disheartened and overwhelmed by the V's, I considered selling, much to the chagrin of you fellow members. I'm going to keep them, I just had a three day marathon exploration session behind the kit, which involved changing the set-up (thanks Neil for the whole floor tom on the left thing...duh), and virtually throwing away the manual. I'm excited again.

About Neil Peart...Saw Rush again (7 shows now) sunday. I completely forgot about these guys, as I haven't really been into them for some years now (not "cool" anymore, right?). I think I even posted something when the new album came out saying they should hang it up. I was so wrong. Such fluidity, such power. Truly inspiring.

So I guess I'll be posting some new idiot questions in the near fut...CRAP! I just realized I don't have a cable connection in my new place. Gonna be awhile.

Ok, thanks for reading my useless post. Later.

uuuhhhhh,... ok, ...

.... let me introduce you to mbrg ....

(maybe the 2 uv u can take yr NP discuss. off-line ...

hooo-hah ...

Comment

Huh?

Ooh, just remembered...seeing Tool in 11 days. Too much to see lately, I want a third arm.

Comment

Don't give up on the manual. You really have to sit down and read it through. (Well, most of it. I still haven't read the sections on Songs/Patterns/Sequencer but that's because I don't use them at all and I don't want to.) You can't just expect to use the manual only for reference if you are a new user.

Like they say, "RTFM". Crude, yet brilliant advice.
        Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Well,

I'll join in on the "pro" NP side; he still inspires some of us so excuuuuuuuuuuuuusse me.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X