Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PM-10, to gig or not to gig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM-10, to gig or not to gig.

I have just ordered a Roland PM-10 Drum monitor amp for my TD-3K. Does anyone know whether its possible to gig on this amp or whether it wont have the balls.

I think it would most depend on the gig and how loud your stage volume was. I think for the most part it would be okay. I use a very small Galaxy Hotspot as a monitor for many gigs and it works just fine. I think you'll just have to take it out and try it.

Comment

Yes its possible...... but you may well be unhappy with the results. Some say a 12" is the absolute minimum, some would never use less than a 15", some are obviously happy with a Hotspot ( not very common over here - about the size of a shoebox ) ...... obviously it depends on the gig, but if it 'works' for you, go for it.
      TD10ex, SPD-S, kd's, pd's, cy's, Koby, KitToys ( 9" splash & 10" mini china - yep you read that correctly... a very rare 10" mini china lol ), Iron Cobra, Mackie, Beyer. arizonaband.net

Comment

cheers guys, i shall give it a go, cant afford anything larger just yet anyway, its only as a back up for songs i cant achieve the sounds for on my accoustic, many thanks!

Comment

I use a PM3 onstage. I replaced the cheap satellite speakers with two Yamaha SM115V 15" stage monitors. The PM3 amp has the balls to push them nicely. I have no idea why Roland paired it with those satellites - I blew the tweeters in them within a few days, and I never turned the volume past two-thirds of the way up.

Comment

Working...
          X