Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New Years Eve cancellations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Eve cancellations

Seems that quite a few bands and DJs have had their services ditched for this NYE. So far I've come across 6 bands and quite a few DJs who are looking for NYE work due to cancellations!

Anyone else noticed this?
    :eek:

I'm guessing the state of the economy around the world is likely to blame. I know of a lot of large companies here that ditched plans for holiday parties simply because they didn't want to spend the money or they were concerned that it would look bad to be throwing a big party at a time when so many people are hurting financially.
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Though it's bad for the musicians, it shows that people are seeing sense at least.
      That said, knowing this country we'll probably still burn several thousand pounds worth of tax payers money on fireworks come NYE.

Comment

Yes I thought as much. I'm guessing that those venues that rely on ticket sales are the ones cancelling the acts. However, the pub at the bottom of my road isn't having a DJ this year as the manager is just going to stick on his laptop and play music continously from that! Great! I think he only managed to sell 10 tickets this year...so I was told.
        :eek:

Comment

Yup, same here. I had the same new year's gig the last 7 years, but not this year.

Comment

We booked NYE in June at a small club as a favor to the owner, then got cancelled around December 1st. Good for us though, because we rebooked into a much bigger venue for more money. The first club hired a band at 1/4 of our price to replace us.

Comment

Working...
            X