Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Boxing Week GAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Week GAS

So, I finally fell prey to GAS during Boxing Week sales today!

I picked up a new CY-15R (to go with my two CR-12R/C's and one CR-14C), a Roland cymbal mount, a new pearl plastic/felt two-sided beater (don't like the one that came on the Sonar pedal that came with my second-hand TD-12K), an Evans double-beater patch (went double for future-compatibility), and a pair of Audio Technical ATH-M40fs headphones.

All are pictured in the attached photos. I haven't had a chance to mount the new hardware yet, hopefully tomorrow.

I also picked up a new 40" Samsung LN-40A500 TV to place by my drums so I can take the PS3 down there and play Rock Band properly! I'm also going to order a Bye Arts "MIDI Rocker" adapter for that purpose. I'll post more pics of everything later on.

Anyone else treat themselves to some nice GAS relief during the boxing week sales???

Cheers,
    Scott.
    Attached Files
    Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
    DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
    Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
    Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
    Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
    Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
    ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
    Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Man, I loved my ATH-M40fs headphones. They finally bit the dust after being stepped on this week.

Nice haul. I am waiting till January to give into GAS!
    sigpic

Comment

Once my credit card cools off...somewhere around mid January... New IEMS and probably a new drum kit are in my future...

-once the Acountant (translation: my fiance) gives the nod of course..

E
      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Nice. Not a GAS attack in sight for me, still waiting for the stuff I ordered in the last one to arrive. I have ordered a stick bag and some Zildjian Dip sticks to try out though. That's more a light puff of a fart than full blown gas.

Comment

Michael, sorry to hear about your cans! Time to upgrade!

Maybe Boxing Day/Week isn't a big deal elsewhere in the world? In Canada, we don't have "Black Friday" in November, like our friends down south, but Boxing Day (week) is our equivalent, usually running for a week or so, starting Dec 26th. It's the day you box up all the crap you got for xmas and didn't want, and return it for $ to spend on your vdrum GAS (or other addiction). There's generally some pretty good deals to be had, and lineups outside the stores when they open, etc.

Comment

Well, I finally broke and and ordered a TDW-20 I hope its as good a step as the TDW-10 was to the TD10. Should be here with the week.
            Cheers
            Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Mutnat View Post
              Michael, sorry to hear about your cans! Time to upgrade!
              I have tons of cans, including the ATH-M50. It's just that the 40s were my first professional set. *sniff*
              sigpic

Comment

I have a TD12 working with RockBand. I use Seth's controller (for PS3) and works perfectly and his support is second to none. The midirocker for $185 is way to pricey IMO.

Check out the RB forums and look up the reviews on Seth's controller. I promise you won't be sorry.

Congrats on the new purchases...... Enjoy....

Comment

Originally posted by pchanning View Post
                  Well, I finally broke and and ordered a TDW-20 I hope its as good a step as the TDW-10 was to the TD10. Should be here with the week.
                  That should be pretty damn sweet!

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                  I have tons of cans, including the ATH-M50. It's just that the 40s were my first professional set. *sniff*
                  Ah cool. Do you notice a lot of diff between the 40fs and the 50? (I mean, before the 40's broke, not now!)

Originally posted by Lakers_Fan_24 View Post
                  I have a TD12 working with RockBand. I use Seth's controller (for PS3) and works perfectly and his support is second to none. The midirocker for $185 is way to pricey IMO.

Check out the RB forums and look up the reviews on Seth's controller. I promise you won't be sorry.

Congrats on the new purchases...... Enjoy....
                  Hey thanks! I'm glad to hear that the TD-12 works well! Any issues with the VH-11? I guess you get a fully open and fully closed notes to configure?

Yeah I've heard of Seth's, too. I've exchanged a few emails with Scott P @ Byte Arts and I'm impressed with him. I've heard Seth's may be a bit cheaper. I prefer the look of the MIDI Rocker. I know Seth's properly supports GHWT already, and Scott is still working on that. RB2 with cymbol support is there already though, and more important to me right now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutnat View Post
                    Ah cool. Do you notice a lot of diff between the 40fs and the 50? (I mean, before the 40's broke, not now!)
                    The 40 was nice, the 50 - fantastic. Super transparent and clean. I could almost mix a CD using them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Michael,

Have you ever tried Sennheiser HD 650 headphones?
                      Pearl SRX Custom Session set and Rogers jazz set with Zildjian and Sabian cymbals, DW Collector snare, Tama Kenny Aronoff Trackmaster snare, Zendrum, SPD-S, TD-20, Gibraltar frame for Roland and Pintech pads and Roland cymbals, TrapKat

Comment

Working...
                      X