Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

the boy drumming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the boy drumming

We had the guitarists' (current drummer/The Boss) boy over tonight for a play, he's been drumming on and off for a couple of months now on his td-6, we think he rocks, he's around 10 and chews gum whilst applying the sticks to the mesh, it's what a drummer should do to look cool he will go far

It's 16 meg, I'm uploading a HD version for him, 225 meg if you that keen.
    Again it's recorded on the presonus firestudio and the sound aligned with the movie, no mix and the 1st time 4th take we tried the song, i took the vid and looking back the asprin must of kicked in
    I added a TD-3 today (someone said to do it on this forum) instead of a SP-20 for more triggers, so it begins again

http://www.leadguitaranswers.com/ste...ligion512k.wmv
    Nothing of importance here

Cool video, and great sound. The kids' a natural!
    Well done!

Comment

Well, he's better than me! Heh.
      Seriously, what an awesome video. He's gonna' go far.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice. Cocky little bugger!
        He'll go far though. Good relaxed style - always the best.

Comment

Very cool video. I'll remember my chewing gum the next gig. Only I'll have to practice my coordination

Now seriously, he looks soooo relaxed. I liked how slicky he crashes with the left hand after the fill.

------------------------------------------------
          Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Great job! Kudos to the kid. Good recording, as well. The audio quality is top drawer!

LOL at the cameraman who "shoots" the mando player after the sour note....
            *TDW-20* KD-8 w/Iron Cobra single, PD-125, PD-80R, VH-11, PD-8(X3), CY-12R/C, CY-8(X2), older MDS-6 rack with additional lower crossbar for support, Roc 'n' Soc Nitro, ATH-M50 and MDR-7506

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think...

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll pass on the comments, we all need encouragement instead of a smak all the time some of us get smaked all the time, some of us deserve it

Comment

He's a natural. Everytime the kid plays a fill the bass player makes a mistake, that's a new one on me. Does he have a plate in his head? Turn the microwave off.
                Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

We can forgive the bass player he's on his 3rd week and never played an instrument.

Comment

The kid definitely has talent. The cameraman on the other hand, needs to be taken out and flogged. Anybody with a sensitivity to motion sickness should not watch that video

Comment

The chewing is off tempo a bit

Originally posted by Sook View Post
                      We can forgive the bass player he's on his 3rd week and never played an instrument.
                      I never forgive bass players

Comment

Very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing.
                        That kid is so relaxed. I hope he continues.
                        TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

That's an awesome kit you have there. Ive been racking the head trying to figure out how to start mounting the td-3 and cymbals and pads on the 12 frame without it looking stupid, I see you thought out your kit pretty well and I recon this may turn out easy using the td3 frame added, it's all where you placed the module is a cracker idea.

about the bass fella, I sence you were one

Comment

I was joking about the bass player

Thanks, it took some trials and errors to end up with that setup. I also try to setup my kit so that the module is easy to reach (easier on the back when programming).. I have a new setup now, I've turned the mds-6 rack into a kind of td-12/20 rack. I've removed the mds-6 horizontal legs and used them as vertical legs at the end of the right and left arms. I also found gard rails tubing at home depot wich is the exact same size as Roland rack tubing. I used it to replace and extend the horizontal center bars wich makes the kit wider. Also replaced the rubber pads with Mapex 10 inches toms.

Close-up of the right side:

Right side from the back (or left side from the front!?):

And a photo of my cat, Miss Tea (just to make it clear that I completly hijacked this thread.. sorry):

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerThis View Post
                              And a photo of my cat, Miss Tea
                              gives a whole new meaning to the title "Play Misty for me"...
                              TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                              ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                              not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
                              X