Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did roland stop making the Roland TD-3 drum kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did roland stop making the Roland TD-3 drum kit?

i went to guitar center and musiciansfriend.com websites and they are no longer on the site

Don't think so. They wouldn't stop making them/advertising them before bringing out a replacement.

Comment

so why do you think they would have removed it from their site?

Comment

Originally posted by Swat Man View Post
        so why do you think they would have removed it from their site?
        I still see it on the Roland US website:
        http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...03&ParentId=60

But, you are right that musiciansfriend.com and their parent company, Guitar Center, no longer list it on either website. But, they do list quite a few other cheap e-kits including some that are their own "house brand." So, maybe they are just choosing to sell their own brand in that price range.

-SD-
        Last edited by SiliconDrummer; 12-21-08, 03:22 PM.

Comment

The probably took them off for the same reason they took off Hart kits...not enough sales to keep selling them. TD-3 kits are alive and well.
          TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
            The probably took them off for the same reason they took off Hart kits...not enough sales to keep selling them. TD-3 kits are alive and well.
            Yes, Roland would surely make a big announcement of a replacement at a NAMM ahead of time...this is just one retailer deciding not to stock them...
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Three shops now? http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...855#post357855
              My compact kit.

Comment

Yeah, it is sure starting to look like the TD-3 is going away. Sweetwater.com has a "BLOWOUT" label next to the TD-3 module, but not on the TD-3 kit or rack:
                http://www.sweetwater.com/store/sear...=td-3&go=Go%21

NAMM is less than a month away, so maybe this is one of the first clues about what is coming in 2009. Anybody notice any other clues?

-SD-

Comment

Working...
                X