Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Got to play three E kits today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to play three E kits today

TD-9 all mesh, TD-12 and Yamaha DTExpressIII at a local music store. I have to say the sounds on the TD-9 are so much better than the TD-12 (out of the box) and I liked the Yammie sounds also. As for feel, I'm just so happy with what I have. My Hart (not talking about the plastic crashes) and Pintech cymbals have a much nicer feel and rebound (at least for me) than the Roland and Yammies and I would definitely not be as happy with the Yammie all-rubber pads as anything mesh. I found the Roland mesh comparable to my Harts and although the pads are smaller, I think I could deal with it if necessary. As far as pedal feel, I much prefer my Hart Epedal II with Hart hats to these other kits.
    It feels great to try other things and be content with what you have!!

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Congratulations. I know the feeling.

Comment

I was in a music store too yesterday. Played some Yamaha-kits with an amp I didn't really like... They no longer had Roland on display. The guy from the store told me he didn't like Roland because it's all plastic! They did have Yamaha though...

Stijn
      'lectric drumma
      Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

@'lectric drumma: that's funny! So for the all wood and chrome v-drums I have to visit him?

@pasta: but did you try the TD-20?

Comment

The shame about the TD-12 and the TD-20 is that the factory kits are awful. VEx has proven that you can make those modules sing, but Roland blew it on that one.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
            The shame about the TD-12 and the TD-20 is that the factory kits are awful. VEx has proven that you can make those modules sing, but Roland blew it on that one.
            well, let's be fair to Roland: the factory kits on the td6 and the td9 are also poor....Roland is consistant, if nothing else...or maybe their programming engineerss' ears are different from ours'.....
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by eric_B View Post
              @'lectric drumma: that's funny! So for the all wood and chrome v-drums I have to visit him?

Yes, you could. I've posted about this shop on the forum in the past already... It's Piens in Deinze. http://www.piens.be/

Stijn
              'lectric drumma
              Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

That must have been very satisfying indeed.

Comment

The store didn't have a TD-20 set up.

the factory kits on the td6 and the td9 are also poor
                  Since I have a TD-12 with which to compare, at least to my ears, the TD-9 out-of-the-box sounded much better than my 12 so I think Roland have made improvements in that regard; I have plenty of Mr. Stixx's kits so I'm happy with it now.

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

I'm glad your experience was a good one.
                    My experience yesterday at Guitar Center was awful. First, the place was MOBBED. I guess everyone got the same promotional cash card in the mail that I did. Then, they didn't have ANY of the 3 things I went there for.
                    Lastly, the the Roland kits were all being played by 3 knuckleheads that knew each other....when one of them stops his bashing and says, "Man, it's so fun to beat the sh** out of these!"
                    Morons.

I left all grumpy.

Comment

Working...
                    X