Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

What are the advantages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the advantages...

...of converting your A's ?
    I mean, I can clearly see a couple of reasons like the much better look, and feel (unless you have to use mesh heads???).But what am I missing basically? What is the radical difference between a huge A kit where some of the drums are converted, and an A kit mixed with a V kit?
    Nabil

C.jude is right. To me it's even a waiste of money if you use an acoustic drum just for the sake of the outward appearcence, next make the sound dead and trigger the whole bunch of s...

Then: why not buying a set of good pads, with real heads or mesh heads?
    Robert

Comment

I agree with C Jude and Putt to a degree. I did my Akit because I like playing E-drums. The reason I sold my session clone was because I had a lot of money tied up in them they were over two years old and they are electronic. And I had beat the hell out of them for two years. It was time, Resell ability is high on the items and I didn't lose money when they sold. If you like buy plug and play a conversion may not be for you. If your like me I don't like anymore in your face acoustics I had a set in the corner had a rack so why not I converted them over they work great I couldn't care less what they look like. And they play no different from a $5000 E set. C Jude has done it and Ive done it. It works fine and if you like doing this type of thing go for it.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Doug; 08-06-02, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X