Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny or Embarrassing Drumming Photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny or Embarrassing Drumming Photos?

Ok guys, so here’s the deal.

This could have just as easily been declared the "Make Candy Laugh Her Fool Head Off" thread.

I’m in a grumpy mood. I spent Saturday in Tallahassee watching (in person and with a bunch of my old friends and classmates) my BELOVED Florida State Seminoles get chomped by the Florida Gators. I got weather delayed coming back home and threw my whole schedule off. Yesterday was nothing but staff meetings to plan for a complex contract with a new client. Worse of all I let it slip to my boss and coworkers that my evil redhaired cousin Flo(w) is in town for a few days (you other ladies and enlightened guys know what I mean there) - so NOW ’cause of all that I’ve been branded as "Crabby Abby" at every turn.

I needed some laughs. Among other things I remembered that there are some old threads here with pictures of some of you guys in your early drumming years (like this one http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21313 ). It wasn’t enough, I want to see more to get some real laughs.

So how ‘bout it? Do any of you have pictures of you or somebody else drumming that are embarrassing, or just dropdead funny?

Of maybe it’s not drumming, but somehow related to it? Or just plain embarrassing or funny anyway. Even if you posted it in one of the old threads, just post it again ‘cause a lot of new people here might not have seen it yet.

So come on - make Candy laugh! Or at least SMILE?

I need it right now.

Hi three cup. That sucks. I hope this video of my daughter at list draw a little smirk in your lips. She was 2 years old when I shot it. Unfortunately she dow not like drums much now that she is 3. She's in the princesses kind of mood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVhfcIyB1QU

------------------------------------------------
    Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Originally posted by Synkopat View Post
      Hi three cup. That sucks. I hope this video of my daughter at list draw a little smirk in your lips. She was 2 years old when I shot it. Unfortunately she dow not like drums much now that she is 3. She's in the princesses kind of mood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVhfcIyB1QU
      She's adorable!

That princess mood rarely goes away completely, you know.

The funniest part about your video? I think she's better than me on the drums.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Cup Candy View Post
        The funniest part about your video? I think she's better than me on the drums.
        She is actually better than me

------------------------------------------------
        Roland TD6-KW+VEX's

Comment

Nice new avatar, 3 Cup Candy....reminds me of something.....

Have a nice day.

Comment

Me as a Teenager!
            sigpic

Comment

I would think any image of Michael would be funny and embarrassing.

jj Michael.
              Alan
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

The photo of Mr Render immediately made me think of Buddy Miles sitting at his drums LOL ("Them Changes" days).

The following photo is 30+ years old. I don't know how funny or embarrassing it might be found by anyone other than people who know me, but the standard issue 70's scarf and shiny shirt ought to be worth a small chuckle at least.

Lyle
                Last edited by slyone; 05-13-19, 10:51 AM.
                and the jukebox plays..... !! (the Nails - Home of the Brave )

E-set : TDW-20, 2 up & 2 down, VH-12, 6 cymbals (5 CY14, 1 CY15), 2 Pintech Dingbats all on a Gibraltar rack, thru a Simmons DA200S
                VExpressions Gigging Kits & Top 50 Drummers #1

A-set : 1968 Ludwig Hollywood in Burgundy Sparkle

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                  Nice new avatar, 3 Cup Candy....reminds me of something
                  That avatar really came from two of my first threads I started here, that are related to each other, and that caused me to laugh a whole lot at the time

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31045
                  http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31084

Thanks for saying that, 'cause I had pretty much thought of those threads when I decided what avatar to post this week. In fact, my current avatar IS from that bunch of pictures and the one I displayed after posting the second thread.

Comment

I'm still looking for the old picture of me as "Tom O'Hawk" when I was was with "Fly By Night Productions" in California. In that photo, I was in costume (half Indian, half Irishman) and seated behind the drums. I played the part of "Tom O'Hawk" during "his" scenes, and otherwise was the drummer for music and sound effects. I'm embarrassed just thinking of that photo - but for you, I'd post it for all to see.

However - in the mean time - here are a few pictures to (hopefully) make you laugh:

Here is a photo I managed to obtain of you and your friends just before you all headed to the FSU/Florida game Saturday:

A photo of 2 of your ex-boyfriends:

And a now-embarrassing photo of me several years ago; believe it or not, I was active duty military at the time assigned to the DOD. I just look like I should have been playing the drums:

Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Grey View Post
                      And a now-embarrassing photo of me several years ago; believe it or not, I was active duty military at the time assigned to the DOD. I just look like I should have been playing the drums:
                      You look like you were running drugs from Columbia.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Some Day Grey View Post
                        However - in the mean time - here are a few pictures to (hopefully) make you laugh
                        The first pic is far from it. I was with my sister and some other friends right there with the Cowgirls. Tight tops and cowgirl hats and all. I never did check to see if ABC covered the game and maybe some video is out there of us.

That second pic is probably what a couple of my exboyfriends look like today. See what I drove them to?

On the third pic. Ok, that one did make me laugh too. Was that taken before or after your audition for the Starsky and Hutch movie?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                          You look like you were running drugs from Columbia.
                          I'll second that notion, and thanks for the additional laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Cup Candy View Post
                            I was with my sister and some other friends right there with the Cowgirls. Tight tops and cowgirl hats and all.
                            Way to tease and then leave us hanging.. no pics.. no grossly embelished stories of drunken 20-something girls..

-and I used to think you were cool . (Hope you're having a better day! )

E
                            - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evil1rox View Post
                              Way to tease and then leave us hanging.. no pics.. no grossly embelished stories of drunken 20-something girls..

-and I used to think you were cool . (Hope you're having a better day! )

E
                              Hey, my MOM sometimes visits this site! If there are pics or might even be some video out there someplace, let her and you find it!

Oh, and I went to church with Mom last Sunday. She had the gall to say she was amazed I set foot in there and lightning didn't strike. She was joking, 'cause I joke about that sometimes.

And yes I am having a better day. But I'm still Crabby Abby this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X