Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Popular bands using V-Drums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popular bands using V-Drums?

Does anyone know of any bands that have some national stature and use V-Drums? I am looking to book a show/workshop and would like to get an act that would draw outside of the eDrum world for an evening concert. I am thinking along the lines of a 500 seat theater.
    sigpic

http://www.hartdynamics.com/artists/index.html

I'm guessing if you had Tommy Lee at a 500 seat theater, it would sell out.

Tris Imoden of Chicago uses vdrums in the studio.

Another link:

http://www.roland.com/V-Drums/artists/index.html

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
    Last edited by grog; 11-30-08, 11:32 AM.
    TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

New order use them

Comment

The Everyday Prophets out of Portland, OR use v-drums, they're at least a regional act as they venture to at least Montana.
        Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Yeahsayer from New York. Although the drummer uses acoustic drums, he uses an SPD-S for the main part of his kit. Excellent band. Check them out here live from the Jools Holland Show.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okxAi06PTAU
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOdtc...eature=related

Comment

Dumb question. What's with the little American flag/eagle/cross thingie on the Hart site? (It's not a link)

Comment

Originally posted by JimFiore View Post
              Dumb question. What's with the little American flag/eagle/cross thingie on the Hart site? (It's not a link)
              Discussed here a couple of years ago - check this out:

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25553
              Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

Well, I have been checking out a lot of these bands. Especially the Hart endorsers. Whatever they use eDrums for, it doesn't seem they use them in concert.

I am really looking for a band that uses eDrums as their main drum kit. Besides Rick Allen and the back half of Neil Peart's kit, it is hard to find.

New Order isn't together really. And I could fill a lot more than 500 seats at a New Order show.
                sigpic

Comment

I just had a thought. Bela Fleck's (not exactly a household name but he does have a nationwide audience) drummer, Futureman (Roy Wooten) has invented his own e-drum instrument and has also used a Zendrum in concert. The Zendrum site shows a number of drummers who've played with national acts. Yeah, it's not edrums per se but I'm grasping. Scroll down to the bottom of the page (http://www.zendrum.com/technotribe.html) and I saw Stephen Perkins listed. Hell, Mick Fleetwood is listed.

Otherwise, like you, I've had a helluva time finding any band with a national presence that uses edrums on the road. This reminds me of a thread I saw either here or at edrumming several years back that discussed how edrums weren't up for the rigors of road travel. That then lead into the usual "TASTES GREAT!!!!!---LESS FILLING!!!!" screaming matches (in here at least during the dark bad old days) about which products were more robust, Roland or Hart.

Oh wait, duh, our very own Darren Costin (of Wang Chung fame) uses Boom Theory equipment and does so live.

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Are you counting acoustics with triggers in that? If so, then the number goes up.
                    Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                    "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Johnny Rabb was just here in Montreal at DrumFest with his Roland TD-20 kit. His band Biodiesel tours. He is very approachable and hung out with us for a couple of hours on day 2 of the Fest (he played on day 1). After you watch him do his rolls, you no longer question if v-drums can eliminate machine gunning.

Phil.
                      TD9-KX, VH-11, HPD-10, DW 5000 hardware

Rock Band 2 & Guitar Hero WT(Xbox), Midi Rocker

Comment

Ixis Afixxis (my band) uses vdrums (me)

seriously i think in roland site there are somewhere the bands that use vdrums
                        Ex E-kits:
                        ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                        ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                        current E-kit
                        ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
                        " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Originally posted by hampis View Post
                          i think in roland site there are somewhere the bands that use vdrums
                          That would be the link I provided above.

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
                            I just had a thought. Bela Fleck's (not exactly a household name but he does have a nationwide audience) drummer, Futureman (Roy Wooten) has invented his own e-drum instrument and has also used a Zendrum in concert.
                            I LOVE Bela Fleck! Flight of the Cosmic Hippo is a great CD! I own a few of his CD's. Great banjo but in rock format, sorta. ii

Comment

Nevermind....I need to pay more attention to what was posted before.
                              Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                              "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X