Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Brushes with td12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Brushes with td12

I see in the module you have a brush setting so I gather you can use them ? does anyone do this, I haven't seen a thread/post about using brushes on the electric kits. I see on the auction site below they are fairly cheap, will they work on the TD-12? are there different types or types that will damage the mesh head?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instr...-189542413.htm
    Nothing of importance here

People say to use nylon brushes only.
    My compact kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sook View Post
      I haven't seen a thread/post about using brushes on the electric kits.
      Did you try a search on .......... "brushes"?

Bruce

Comment

lol Bart, you know I looked everywhere on the page to do just that and it eluded me, things strait in front do that I rang up the drum shop, he called me an idiot (could be well justified in this case) he said you select "brushes" in the module and use the normal stick and rub across the mesh. Now to do the ill fated search. Thanks sciomako.

Comment

The use of brushes is covered on Page 22 of the TD-12 manual.

Bruce

Comment

I've recorded a couple of songs using brushes (nylon) and they came out really good.

Comment

Originally posted by wearschscott View Post
              I've recorded a couple of songs using brushes (nylon) and they came out really good.
              Can you post a link to one or two? I'd definitely be interested in listening to them, as this is the feature I'm hoping to make use of if I ever get a TD-12 of my own (I'm searching for a used one, as I'm finding the new price a bit intimidating).

Comment

SuperPuss has a utube vid using brushes on the TD-12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5YmRg0WPH0

Comment

Working...
                X