Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pics of new setup and v setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of new setup and v setup

Thought i would post these out for everyone to see. Im not happy or anything

http://www.2k911.com/drums/drums.asp

a and v setup, just got the a's last night and waiting for one more floor tom to arrive. Pearl Session maples.

broadcastingtransmission************************** ************
    hey whats up, try hitting the pads with some armor all- they will shine like brand new-dont do this on a regular basis, use water for every day thing, but try to use the armor all @ least 3-4 times per year-they pads even get resistant to future hits and dents from using the vinyl cleaner-laters BOOMS

endoftransmission********************************* ************

Comment

I think you need to do a search on armor-all. Several people have posted unfavorable results with it. I think it tends to revert back to the old look. I tried it once on a small pad and it seemed ok, but I have had bad results on a car. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this and tell if it's a real problem or not. Just being cautious.

What caused this? Is this a very dry location, are they very old, is it extreme temps, exposed to a lot of sunlight...? I can see hand prints - that's pretty bad. I believe the condition may be called blooming.

Did a quick search. I realize this article is mainly about tires, but we're talking rubber. Here's something interesting... "Many of the nationally advertised rubber and vinyl products also contain formaldehyde. If you plan on having a funeral for your dash, then you may wish to use one of these products."

Read this:
      http://www.carcareonline.com/tires_rubber_vinyl.html
      Last edited by Boingo; 08-03-02, 07:00 PM.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I think that's a really nice looking A kit. I love the fade on it .
        td-6, pro-mark, remo, sabian, dw, tama rockstar.

Comment

In responding to the fade on the rubber pads, I neglected to mention how stunning those A's are. That is one of the finest looking set of shells I have seen in a long time. I am partial to the color blue, but blue comes in many shades. That particular shade (the light portion) seems to have captured the epitome of blue. The contrasting fade to dark blue sets it off that much more. Wow! And to think you got that finish AND maple Pearls... some guys got all the luck!
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Those A's are beautiful! I love that color. As for your V's, don't use Armour-All, unless you want to be hooked on it. If you do a search, you'll find the previous threads on this.

Comment

broadcastingtransmission************************** *****************
              ""Armor all works"", Its how you use it and not abuse it, It does not start to fade the pads after a while-these previous posts are from over exposed users of armor all, If used in moderation the results are here to stay-Laters BOOMS

endoftransmission********************************* **********

Comment

I love that blue too. Awsome looking

Comment

Armor-All is crap. Although it has to do with protecting speaker surround, here is one of many links that describes the issues with using Armor-All on rubber:
                  http://www.stereophile.com/showarchives.cgi?452:1

As I've said before, my brother worked for years as an auto detailer and painter. Those guys won't touch Armor-All.

Another good alternative is vegetable oil.

Comment

Thank you guys for the positive response on the color of those shells. When I saw em all tucked away back there, I knew they were mine!! Got a 16" floor time coming too. Couldnt afford much hardware or cymbals though, but i figure i can add as I go.

Thanks again for the compliments!!

J

Comment

Working...
                    X