Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of Electronic Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Electronic Drums

http://www.drumbuddy.com/

Gabe Kangas
    DM5, D4, PD80R, CY-15, CY-6, Visu-lite Ride, DauZ's, Random Pintech stuff, BBE 362.

www.spasticsrecords.com/real-ity

broadcastingtransmission************************** ********
    LOL WHAT THE??? LOL

endoftransmission********************************* *********

Comment

Is there a faucet at the top of that thing? And the site states the thing is SOLD OUT.

I'll take Britney Spears any day, err, any way, err, forget it.
      My equipment:
      :: (Expanded, TDW-1 with V-Cymbal Control)
      :: 2x CY-15R, 1x CY12H, 2 CY12R/C
      :: 1x Pad-120, 8x Pad-80R, 6x PD-7, 1x PD-9, 1x KD-120
      :: 1x FD-7
      :: 1x Roland MDS-10, 6x Sonor Delite double cymbal stands
      :: 1x DW 5000 Pedal
      :: 1x Mackie 1202 VLZ
      :: 1x NAD C521 CD-Player

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

hahaha.

If you check out the site it's a light bulb in a coffee can on a turntable. The can has holes punched in it in the pattern that you want. When light pops out of the holes it gets picked up by a certain light reciever, and then an analog synth type thing in the box makes the respective noise.

So for each light reciever you have, that's one row of punched holes, and one instrument.

I guess to "play" the instrument you can "scratch" it like a turntable and alter the patterns that way.

I read that the inventor went to a patent lawyer, and the lawyer tried to call it a "retro instrument." the inventor got mad, fired him, and told him that it is the *future* of electronic instruments, not the past.

It's funny stuff
        Gabe Kangas
        DM5, D4, PD80R, CY-15, CY-6, Visu-lite Ride, DauZ's, Random Pintech stuff, BBE 362.

www.spasticsrecords.com/real-ity

Comment

Gotta be a joke! They seem pretty worried, though, that someone might build their own...

Comment

anyone ever sees me with this i want you to shoot me in the back of the head.i don't wanna see it coming.eventhough i will have deserved it.
            -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

And the cost??? Just $999.99 ... but wait! Just look what you get for less than $1,000:

With the DRUM BUDDY you will receive:

1 DRUM BUDDY demo LP or CD
              (depends on your choice and availability of LPs)

1 DRUM BUDDY lab-grade ceramic hot beverage mug

1 free 1/2 day DRUM BUDDY workshop with the inventor, giving you more details on how the DRUM BUDDY actually works, scratching and playing techniques

A complimentary lodge-style lunch

and the late evening "group jam" - worth the ticket price all by itself!

(this is what is actually on the Website!)

Where the H*** is that checkbook???
              Boom Theory Spacemuffins
              TD6
              HDI Cymbals

Comment

Listen to the sounds !

Far better than all todays e-drum modules.
                Robert

Comment

this one rocks.........and it never mistriggers.ofcourse,you can only play it so long.it starts to hurt quite a bit.
                  Attached Files
                  -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

sylvia

Originally posted by Toekneedrum
                    And the cost??? Just $999.99 ... but wait! Just look what you get for less than $1,000:

With the DRUM BUDDY you will receive:

1 DRUM BUDDY demo LP or CD
                    (depends on your choice and availability of LPs)

1 DRUM BUDDY lab-grade ceramic hot beverage mug

1 free 1/2 day DRUM BUDDY workshop with the inventor, giving you more details on how the DRUM BUDDY actually works, scratching and playing techniques

A complimentary lodge-style lunch

and the late evening "group jam" - worth the ticket price all by itself!

(this is what is actually on the Website!)

Where the H*** is that checkbook???

I am speechless......I need to pause for a second to collect my thoughts.......................................
                    .................................................. ...
                    .................................................. ...
                    .................................................. ......
                    .................................................. ........
                    .................................................. ......

Ok -

1.) What the hell is that thing?
                    2.) What the hell is that thing?
                    3.) I would be frightened to have a luncheon with the inventor. Did you ever see Joe Dirt where
                    he is down in that pit? I have a feeling the inventor will make you his gimp.
                    4.) What the hell is that thing?
                    5.) I don't even want to go into the "group jam" - it would be too disturbing.
                    6.) He actually paid a patent attorney for that? My god.

I am speechless again. I need to go slap myself.

Erik[SIZE=1]
                    Last edited by sepdrums; 08-01-02, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Guys, your missing the whole point. It was designed specifically for Roland to buy it. Since it costs $999, Roland would love to sell it under their name. Only Roland could get away with it. Great thread.

Comment

Scary as hell ....

Either that's one of the best and most elaborate con jobs ever, or the product of someone who has spent his entire life in the bizarro world.

Look at the guy on the video jacket. Is that John Waters younger brother or Johnny Depp as Ed Wood (in his Glen or Glenda phase)?

As for the "instrument" all I can say is Morton Subotnick would be proud. I guess "programming" would be done by drilling holes in the coffee can?

God bless those on the outer fringe. Without them life would boring.

And to Mr. Quintron - Dance Club Organist/Inventor - who ever you are, whatever you are, Endeavor to Persevre!

Think clean thoughts,
                        E2P

Comment

That thing is disturbing....I get the heebeejeebees looking around at that site....

Something is not right about that gimmick....

Erik

Comment

I have heard the future of excessive gas in the large intestine...and it is that Low Rider MP3!

Comment

Working...
                            X