Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording Midi Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording Midi Data

I am recording my drums with a Korg Synthesizer, I am getting the play data but the "two zone" effects on the ride cymbal are missing on the playback. Does this sound correct??. Or is there something in the midi filters that I'm missing?? I am able to control the module from the synth. for mixing ect.

Pintech E-Session powered by a Roland TD-6V, Korg Synthesizers, 88 Key CME Weighted Controller. Not enough time to play. :)

Do you mean that you don't get a different note number for the ride edge as opposed to the ride bow? If you check note numbers in the left and right columns of Page 125 in the TD-6V manual you'll see that the ride is note 51 while the ride edge should be 53.

If you're not getting a different note number for the edge through MIDI, do you actually get a different TD-6V sound from the edge?

You could check that the ride edge is still set to the default 53 at KIT, EDIT, CONTROL, Shift + < or > to RD:R11, Note Number; as that could get changed in each kit.

Bruce

Comment

I just realized you probably mean velocity sensitive triggering of bow/bell sounds. Those are internal on the module and only the same note number with a different velocity level would be transmitted via MIDI.

Bruce

Comment

So if I understand correctly , the Keyboard will not reproduce these unless the velocity threshold is met.................or will I not get it at all. I am enjoying being able to mix the drum part with key tracks. I'll need to check and see if I get it with the drum track all the way up.

Yes it is the velocity triggered bow/bell sound on the ride that I'm missing on playback.
        Pintech E-Session powered by a Roland TD-6V, Korg Synthesizers, 88 Key CME Weighted Controller. Not enough time to play. :)

Comment

I don't think you'll get it at all unless the keyboard has a means of assigning a different sound above a certain velocity.

Bruce

Comment

Midi Drums

Thanks for your help Bruce. it will still work great for scratch tracks, then I can do "one takes" to capture the balance of the expression.

Comment

Working...
            X