Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neat Cable Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyberjam
    replied
    I could fold the rack up with the tubing in place but I prefer not to.

I have those rope lights (I bought a few of them a few years ago) in various colours but they are really long.

Hmm, icicle lights may look different...

Leave a comment:

• gingerbaker
    replied
    Cyberjam

The tubing looks pretty cool. Can you still fold up your rack with the tubing on, or do you you need to take it off for breakdown?

If you get clear tubing, you could also put a string of multicolored blinking Christmas lights in there

Leave a comment:

• Cyberjam
    replied
    Originally posted by cpgrossman
    funny.....I was going to redo my cables. At work we got a ton of the stuff, but in dk blue.
    That would be even better!

Leave a comment:

• cpgrossman
    replied
    funny.....I was going to redo my cables. At work we got a ton of the stuff, but in dk blue.

Leave a comment:

• Ljedik
    replied
    I've Gone down to my local Automotive store here in Town (Advantage Auto) and bought flexable tubing (3/4") that has a slit in it. This is the same stuff that all your electrical wires in your engine are bundled with. I think it looks real good, cant hardly notice its there even.
    For those with many pads, you might have to run two separate lines due to the small diameter, but Its great for those who need to tear there set down and have a quick setup like I do.

Larz

Leave a comment:

• Cyberjam
    replied
    IKEA would have been great! There was one here in Halifax some time ago. Rad Shack is just so expensive for most things so I avoid them unless it is really necessary.

The tubing was ten feet in length and cost me five dollars CAD (or about what, ninety cents USD, LOL!).

I found it at a store called Princess Auto here in the Halifax region (it is really a unique store for little odds and ends, UPS batteries for $10).

Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• BOOM
    replied
    **broadcastingtransmission************************ *************

hey whats up, the job looks pretty cool, but you can run down to a place called ""IKEA""" and buy some black tubing-(LOOM TUBING), try the radio shack place too-for three dollars for 6 feet?? it does look good in white though!! laters booms,,

endoftransmission********************************* ************

Leave a comment:

• Cyberjam
    started a topic Neat Cable Job

Neat Cable Job

I managed to find some 1 inch flexible tubing and stuffed all my cables (after properly labelling them) into this tubing. I wish the tubing was black but for five bucks and about an hours work I think it will make a big difference in setup and teardown time!

My FTP site is now back online with the rest of the pictures.
    Attached Files
Working...
X