Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Lurker turned Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurker turned Newbie

I've been reading this group for quite some time, and I finally got me some V-Drums.A few days later a guy offered me to trade his TD-7 for my iPaq! What a week! Any way I had fun merging everything together. I have two extra pads because the famous roland clamps cracked on me. Comments are welcome!

Check them out at www.allofthem.com. Site is in progress, and I'm waiting for a better digital camera.
    TDW-20s Black Firmware 2.51: 3 extra CY12's, DW 9002's, SPD-S, PM-30, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Laptop, AudioKontrol 1, CueBase 4, Addictive Drums, Superior 2.0
    VEX kits: Master Picks 1&2, Top 50 1&2, Exotics1, Professor Pack
    Acoustics in storage: Eames Finetone shells, Gretsch diecast hoops 8,10,12,14,16,22. '66 Slingerland snare. Tama 'hardware, lots of Zildjians.

Tell me, how many feet do ya have?
    Robert

Comment

Only two...but I used to be circus freak..you see I have this rather large...eh..hm...oh nevermind thats another story.

The right-most kick is strictly an 808 kick. I really got jealous of 5 or 6 string Bass players who can rattle walls with a low note. Now I can fight back once in a while. I have a second HH set on on the right side a la remote style..that is controlled by the left most hat. The other three are self-explanatory..

Oh wait...was that sarcasm I smelled? If that was the case ignore the serious reply and use your imigination..

BTW does anyone know how many pedals Rick Allen uses? I've always wanted to see if I could pull off what he does, to really appreciate how good he is.
      TDW-20s Black Firmware 2.51: 3 extra CY12's, DW 9002's, SPD-S, PM-30, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Laptop, AudioKontrol 1, CueBase 4, Addictive Drums, Superior 2.0
      Acoustics in storage: Eames Finetone shells, Gretsch diecast hoops 8,10,12,14,16,22. '66 Slingerland snare. Tama 'hardware, lots of Zildjians.

Comment

i do know he uses one stick.........
        -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Originally posted by fhaze
          Oh wait...was that sarcasm I smelled?
          No, just a serious question. I mean: I saw two hi-hat controllers, a twin pedal and another kd-7 kick ... Just wanted to know. Perhaps I missed something in my 30 year old drumming career. Sometimes things go fast ...
          Robert

Comment

I got both of these kits at roughly the same time. They are my first electronic kits. I am just having some fun experimenting..I haven't played in over a year and a half, my Eames have been sitting in their road cases in a corner. I guess you could say I'm making up for lost time.

I might be interested in selling/trading them however.

Comment

"i do know he uses one stick........."

I've often wondered, would they sell a Rick Allen Signature Stick in singles or pairs?

Comment

Hey Fhaze
                How's that Power shifter eliminator doing with ya?
                I got myself one 2 weeks ago ... and I just think it kicks a**
                Nabil

Comment

welcome to the board by the way,fellow noise maker.

drummers are so cute when they're born.then the grow up and eat everything in the house.and pee on the carpet.
                  Attached Files
                  -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Great looking kit, fhaze, and welcome to the weird wild world of web whacking!

Just a thought on your kit - you could lose one of the H-H pedals, if both inputs go to the TD-10. One pedal can control both H-H 's simultaneously. Might help give you some more room (for a third kick pedal? - just kidding) or you could then use your second H-H pedal for a different voice, like a cow bell or a tambourine, etc.
                    Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

hey for "web whacking" i go to www.anywebcam.com..........lol

Comment

I have one hat controller going to the td8 and the other to the td7. If I move my legs to the outer pedals and play open handed using the left most pd7 as a snare I get a completley different k/sn/hh sound.
                        Its kind of like using the footswitch to switch up kits within a chain. Kinda cool, but I gotta stretch out first!! heh. I'd send some pics of me doing it, but you wouldnt want to see that.

Comment

Oh...the Pearl Pedals are sweet...superbly adjustable. My fiance thinks Im nuts hitting one pad at 120bpm for an hour with the headphones on. Gotta tweek dontcha know...now Im hunched over every 2min adjusting the pedal just so...These things are great, but to *really* get the most out of them, you should tweek things.
                          IMHO

Comment

Working...
                          X