Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting hybrid kit on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting hybrid kit on TV

Spotted an interesting hybrid kit at use on television this morning. The show was A&E's Private Sessions music series. The guest was Lindsey Buckingham.

While it's never been unusual to see electronic percussion at work in Lindsey's backing band, I was surprised to see the unidentified drummer on this show (I didn't recognize him, and the credits at the end of the show didn't list the band members) using a hybrid kit.

The kit was powered by a TD-20 module. He was using a KD-120 for bass and what I think was a PD-125 for snare. However, he was using rubber pads (PD-8 I think) for toms and acoustic Sabian cymbals. Plus, an SPD-S to his right - all on traditional hardware as opposed to a rack.

And I have to say at least one song prominently featured the e-kit and used some REALLY odd sounds that didn't do much for my ears or the e-kit's image to those who may have been watching and still think e-kits sound like those Simmons things from the '80s. However, when the kit was being used in a more traditional role (sounding more like a regular acoustic), it did sound fairly good.

Tune in if you see it available in repeats and check it out.
    Last edited by V(ader)DRUMMER; 11-02-08, 08:43 PM.
    >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh7D0Q-F9dQ
    Taku Hirano
    Roland TDW-20/HPD-15/ Korg Wavedrums/Vexpressions
    Vdrumlib.

Comment

http://www.roland.com/V-Drums/interview/TakuHirano.html
      Vdrumlib.

Comment

Nope, sorry, it wasn't Taku Hirano. I know who Taku is and I've seen him with Lindsey many times before, but it wasn't him doing the drumming in this particular performance I saw today.
        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

After a little more research, I've found that Walfredo Reyes Jr. is currently touring with Lindsey. I looked up his pic and believe that's who was with him on this show today, though it appears the e-drums are not his typical setup.
          >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

I just missed it the morning as I had to get to church.
            Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Sorry about that!
              Ok for Walfredo!
              Vdrumlib.

Comment

Originally posted by V(ader)DRUMMER View Post
                After a little more research, I've found that Walfredo Reyes Jr. is currently touring with Lindsey. I looked up his pic and believe that's who was with him on this show today, though it appears the e-drums are not his typical setup.
                I've attached some photos of Walfredo Reyes Jr.'s hybrid setup that Mike Snyder took last spring when Mike was working with Walfredo. This might be similar to the set up he was using with Lindsey Buckingham (I missed the show, but I'll try to catch a rerun..thanks for the heads-up!).
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Armentrout View Post
                  This might be similar to the set up he was using with Lindsey Buckingham
                  That's it! Definitely the same guy and almost the same kit.

Thanks for the pics, Drew!
                  >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Working...
                  X