Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD-7 and KD-8 double bass setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-7 and KD-8 double bass setup?

Can KD-7 and KD-8 chain together for doublebass setup ?
    Thank for feedback.

Originally posted by zang View Post
    Can KD-7 and KD-8 chain together for doublebass setup ?
    Thank for feedback.
    Welcome....the KD7 has an input for daisey chain so you can plug the KD8 into it for double bass...I am not sure if the KD8 has two jacls or not but if it does you can plug the KD7 into it and go that route. I am assuming you would want the KD8 as the primary kick...
    chris :D

Comment

No extra jack on a KD-8, so it would have to be connected through the KD-7. Sensitivity may need to be increased slightly on the module with two pads connected to the kick input, but don't overlook the fact that the KD-7 has a tiny Output Level Control on the side nearest the pedal which can be turned counterclockwise to reduce volume level of the KD-7 for balancing with the KD-8.

Bruce

Comment

Why not just use double pedals on the KD-8?
        TD-6v, (3x)CY-8, (4x)PD-8's (2x)PD-6's (1x)PD-80R (1)KD-8 http://www.cstoliker.com/Drums/

Comment

double pedals can be a pain in the bum on the kd8 as the piezos in the centre, getting them to trigger evenly is (i'm finding) very difficult, , , am quite tempted to get seperate trigs for each foot myself

Comment

Yea I know. But I think it would be more natural and consistent felling then having a KD-7 with the inverted beater on one foot. I am using a KD-8 with doubles and it works well but does take some screwing with. Centering the beaters is crucial. After that simpley change the sensitivity to confiscate for the off center strikes.
            TD-6v, (3x)CY-8, (4x)PD-8's (2x)PD-6's (1x)PD-80R (1)KD-8 http://www.cstoliker.com/Drums/

Comment

ah yeah I forgot about the crazy beater on the kd7, i know what you mean now, that might feel a bit weird,

Comment

Originally posted by Rrrob View Post
                double pedals can be a pain in the bum on the kd8 as the piezos in the centre, getting them to trigger evenly is (i'm finding) very difficult, , , am quite tempted to get seperate trigs for each foot myself
                I have no problem at all with this, so I am wondering if it has something to do with how far apart the beater heads are. The Iron Cobra heads are about 1" apart, and I have the pedal central on the plate. No uneven triggering that I have noticed at all.

Comment

Good point. My beaters are about 1" a part too.

Comment

hmm yeah mine are close together than that, they are really quite close maybe even 1/2" ?!

Comment

Comment

Kd-7 & Kd-8

Originally posted by Rrrob View Post
                        ah yeah I forgot about the crazy beater on the kd7, i know what you mean now, that might feel a bit weird,
                        I have a KD-8 with a DW7002 double pedal and to the right of that I have two KD-7's with DW4000 single pedals. I've played the left foot on the KD-8/DW7002 and have alternated the right foot between the KD-8/DW7002 and KD-7/DW4000 and didn't notice anything weird about it (though like you I thought I would).
                        Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

i use the kd-8 with iron cobras (double) and have no problems with the triggering and i use a td-10w/exp. just adj. until you get what you need

Comment

Working...
                          X