Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would this work for home recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would this work for home recording?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EMUXMIDI1X1

simply going from the midi plugs to USB.

all I want is a clean recording that sounds exactly like how I hear it with headphones. I also want it to record background music if lets say my mp3 player is hooked up to the mix in.

so would this work? I have reaper installed.

No, MIDI plugs don't do audio.

Bruce

Comment

Just go from your headphone output into your Mic In or Line In on your computer. That will do the trick. You will need an adapter, available at your local Radio Shack. Use a headphone splitter so you can listen while you record.

Comment

i see. ok cool. thanks!

Comment

ok so i did it and it works beautifully. the drum sounds recorded sound exactly like what i hear. HOWEVER!

i hear this really annoing constant buzzing sound in the background... anyway to get rid of it?

I am using an auxiliary cable from the headphones to the mic in on the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by chris4355 View Post
            ok so i did it and it works beautifully. the drum sounds recorded sound exactly like what i hear. HOWEVER!

i hear this really annoing constant buzzing sound in the background... anyway to get rid of it?

I am using an auxiliary cable from the headphones to the mic in on the computer.
            If this is a laptop, can you run on battery?: Laptop static

Bruce

Comment

You should try an audio interface if you plan on recording. PreSonus has the Inspire for around $200 which is a nice start for most people. Firewire connection is easy to deal with too.

As for that EMU cable, it's great and I use one myself but MIDI is data, not audio. You could trigger a software program using that cable but you wont be able to record with it...

More info on MID can be found at Tweak's Guide:
              http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm
              Dave
              Sonic Orb Studios
              My Youtube

My kit is custom running 10, 12, 14" toms, a 12" snare, 2 crash, 1 ride, 1 splash, and dual kick drum all plugged into a
              Roland TD-6V module which runs MIDI to Superior Drummer 2

Comment

Working...
              X