Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

The best edrum set ever (well almost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best edrum set ever (well almost)

I finally have an edrum set to brag about, that even you v-drumers or even d-drumers can't touch! I recently received my Spacemuffin set, which came with a Yamaha TMX (yes TMX, even Yamaha has barely even heard of them) for $400. I also purchased a sampler with some great Battery Drums and other extremely professional (and expensive) samples. I have to admit I did download the samples for free, I wouldn't of but $200+ for some sounds isnt worth it. I would of legally purchased the samples if they cost, oh, somewhere around $30 but $200?! Anyways, I now have one of the most realistic feeling and sounding drum kits in the world. And by the way the whole kit with a Gibraltar rack barely cost over $1100.

The point is, that the V-drums are way over priced and arenít the best out there, and the ddrum modules (and all other "top-of-the-line modules") arenít really that good. So sell those TD-10's, and TD-8's on ebay while you still can and get yourself a couple TD5's (or any other cheap module with stereo inputs and full hi-hat), and a cheap sampler. I recommend an Emu ESI-2000, though they may not have that much ram, ram is still cheap.

The only problem with my kit is that it took a week to figure out how to get some good multi-velocity samples to work, and it still takes over an hour to set up one drum kit.

Get a sampler!

Re: The best edrum set ever (well almost)

Originally posted by Mr_PoePoe
    The only problem with my kit is that it took a week to figure out how to get some good multi-velocity samples to work, and it still takes over an hour to set up one drum kit.

And this is one of the reasons we buy V-drum and ddrum modules. We just wanna play....
    Robert

Comment

Re: Re: The best edrum set ever (well almost)

Send us a pic when you can.

Comment

my drums can beat up your drums.........
        -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

A post like this makes me just laugh.

It like a total dare for a pissing match. Good thing you didn't start it with , my 5.0 is better than your Chevy.

We all play what we do for different reasons. Cost, set up, easy to use. To me, your set up sounds like the worst set up I have heard. Plug and play...... I can warm up, play and cool down and you are still looking for the right settings for your snare. If you are happy....GREAT you should be after spending $1100.

J

oh yea, my drums COULD beat up your drums. maybe
          :rolleyes:

Comment

Golden Streams 2.0

Oh yeah, well my dad's a fireman....
            -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Re: The best edrum set ever (well almost)

I recently received my Spacemuffin set, which came with a Yamaha TMX (yes TMX, even Yamaha has barely even heard of them) for $400.

The point is, that the V-drums are way over priced and arenít the best out there, and the ddrum modules (and all other "top-of-the-line modules") arenít really that good. I recommend an Emu ESI-2000, though they may not have that much ram, ram is still cheap.

Get a sampler! [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah yes, the TMX! I had one of those modules for a few years. It was the first good sounding module I had. Easy to use, especially that learn function (or was that the DM5?).

I would love to play with a sampler sometime!

Good luck with your kit!
              Kelly Mercer
              Halifax, Nova Scotia
              Canada

My Youtube Channel!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
              http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

I haf'ta agree....

I've had my muffins for about two weeks now & am running thru my TD-8.
                Mine are the "micro bops". 8", 10", 12", 12" snare & 10x16" kick.
                I really like these puppies.... SOOOO much more than my Rolands.
                TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

Comment

Sorry if my post seemed like a flame, I wasnít really trying to make one. I only was trying to show you edrummers that just because Roland and DDrums are extremely expensive doesnít mean there the best out there.

Oh and btw, it now only takes about 30mins to create a new drum kit. The drum kit 16-32 different velocity sounds for each different input. One more thing, even with the old TMX which has no cross talk canceling capabilities, my Spacemuffins never have any crosstalk, even with my old Pintech rack, but those Pintech 16" crash's do sometimes though

As soon as I get a digital camera I'll post some pics for those who aren't incredibly mad at me (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Harlock

Have to see Putt about that :

Model?

Robert

Comment

Working...
                    X